The Student Room Group

Comfortable shoes for walking

Hi does anyone have suggestions for comfortable shoes for walking preferably slip on shoes without laces (for ladies).
For what kind of walking?(i.e. Hiking or just walking around town or both or something else)
Original post by Theloniouss
For what kind of walking?(i.e. Hiking or just walking around town or both or something else)

No like one i could wear when im commuting to uni and walking from the train station to campus (which is like 20mins).. etc etc
To add to the commenter above, what are you looking for? trainers, tennis shoes- something casual? Do you need something more formal or work appropriate? How much are you intending to walk? Long distances outdoors on grass and mud or walking around a town on paved surfaces?
Depends what you want and what sort of things you're walking on, what sort of distance, etc...

Don't be afraid to splash out on quality footwear though, it can be the difference between your feet feeling great or feeling like you can't walk by the end of the week.

Besides that, the only real things I can say are:

I've got a pair of magnum boots for work, they're absolutely solid. Pretty important considering that I'm on my feet pretty much 10 hours straight most days. Only time they ever feel uncomfortable is when the insoles are due a change, or if I'm not wearing appropriate socks for the temperature. Solid all-year-round boots imo, I've worn them in winters and during heatwaves. They help to keep your feet warm (though the cold soon starts to creep in) and they don't feel unbearable in direct sunlight in the height of summer. Break-in was basically nothing. I've had a few pairs and I've never felt like they've been a pain to break-in. They've generally been ready pretty much from the start. So if you're not opposed to a proper boot, they could be worth looking into.

Look at heel lock lacing to reduce heel slippage

In cold weather, the feet are often neglected when it comes to layering up. Be sure to wear weather-appropriate socks as cold feet can make a HUGE difference to comfort. Dunno if I have weird feet, but when my feet are cold, it's not the cold I feel, it's the aches that the cold causes to my feet.
Skechers Summit! Slip on with elastic you can tighten and so light
Reply 6
Here you will find a comfortable pair and more than one https://b-shoes.com/best-cheap-barefoot-shoes/
(if still relevant) You won't find more comfortable shoes than barefoot shoes. This type of shoe strengthens the foot and makes it healthier.
Reply 7
Original post by TheMcSame
Depends what you want and what sort of things you're walking on, what sort of distance, etc...

Don't be afraid to splash out on quality footwear though, it can be the difference between your feet feeling great or feeling like you can't walk by the end of the week.

Besides that, the only real things I can say are:

I've got a pair of magnum boots for work, they're absolutely solid. Pretty important considering that I'm on my feet pretty much 10 hours straight most days. Only time they ever feel uncomfortable is when the insoles are due a change, or if I'm not wearing appropriate socks for the temperature. Solid all-year-round boots imo, I've worn them in winters and during heatwaves. They help to keep your feet warm (though the cold soon starts to creep in) and they don't feel unbearable in direct sunlight in the height of summer. Break-in was basically nothing. I've had a few pairs and I've never felt like they've been a pain to break-in. They've generally been ready pretty much from the start. So if you're not opposed to a proper boot, they could be worth looking into.

Look at heel lock lacing to reduce heel slippage

In cold weather, the feet are often neglected when it comes to layering up. Be sure to wear weather-appropriate socks as cold feet can make a HUGE difference to comfort. Dunno if I have weird feet, but when my feet are cold, it's not the cold I feel, it's the aches that the cold causes to my feet.

I would agree with Magnum shoes. I hear police wear them because they are so good if you are walking lots. Their boots look cool but aren't the cheapest. I love my Magnum trainers https://workweargurus.com/products/magnum-storm-trail-lite-uniform-trainers-womens - these are soooooo comfortable and they don't cost more than fashion ones.

Quick Reply

Latest