The Student Room Group

What Does This Mean?

I had a conditional offer from Uni of Central Lancashire about their Sports Journalism course, I didnt realise this before, but checking now, this is the message they've put next to their conditional offer.

This offer is subject to your obtaining BTEC 18-unit Diploma Merit Pass Pass Key Skills Qualification at level 2 Pass in Application of Number First year syllabus Sport and Football & Society and Media Sociology We are unable to offer original course/subect choice Offers are made subject to reasonable adjustments being possible to enable students with a disability to meet course learning outcomes. If you have not declared your disability please contact 01772 892593. Visit the University Web Site on http://www.uclan.ac.uk

What does the part in bold mean exactly? Are they not offering me a Sports Journalism course but instead a conditonal offer on something else....

Please help;

Thank you

EDIT : I just checked the page again and it says Im down for Commons Programme or something, Y003 or something but I applied for Sports Journalism..??
Reply 1
I would give the Uni a ring and ask them what is going on. Thats the best way to get a clear answer. x
Reply 2
I first rang up UCAS and after what seemed an eternity's wait of around 14 mins, I spoke to someone and asked them about the course and they said most likely that the Uni couldnt offer me the course I wanted to do (Sports Journalism) probably because of low predicted grades.

I then rang Lancashire Uni and asked them about it and they confirmed that it was because of low grades, Im predicted MMP. So, I need to decide what to do.

Are there any other journalism courses that anyone recommend?
Reply 3
I think Central Lancs did the same to a friend of mine who applied to sports journalism and was offerd a sport media and football course. Try looking through the UCAS course search to find a new course. Although I don't think you are allowed to add a new course.
Reply 4
LFC_Girl
Try looking through the UCAS course search to find a new course. Although I don't think you are allowed to add a new course.

The woman I spoke to said I could apply for a new course, all I had to do was ring them up.
Reply 5
Aky786UK
The woman I spoke to said I could apply for a new course, all I had to do was ring them up.

Oh okay didn't know you could do that :smile: Good luck. x
Reply 6
Anyway, I had applied at Leeds Univerisity but Ive been rejected for that aswell.

Ive got three choices left, hope one of them turns fruitful.

Latest

Trending

Trending