The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics P2 Exam - 30th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by osama2
hey u know about the car one. question about acceleration in 2 secs.....i wrote that driving force decreases and friction increases which results in a resultant force in the frictio direction.

If it was in friction direction then it would have been decelerating ;/ I put that the driving force increases and so does the frictional force, but less rapidly, therefore the overall driving force is greater than frictional force, I didn't mention resultant so dunno if I'll get
Reply 81
Original post by chapman.
Thanks for the concern pal, but this was already sorted out and the thread as a whole was getting more positive. Well done for tying to take it down!

THANKS MAN... Lol... :biggrin:
Reply 82
Hi were can i get the Aqa gcse may 30th 2012 physics additional science foundation markscheme? Thankyou:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by hello my name is
how many marks was the 2.75 ??? Question

It was a 3 marker. and by the way that momentum q can u remember what the skateboards and persons velocities were i mean i remember the values 0.4 an 10 m/s but which way round do they go. thnx
I hope I get an A or A*! I found the P2 exam easy!
Reply 85
For the water scale one I put mass would be bigger? And the current couldnt lass through. Its wrong though :frown:
argh found the question about extension (75mm) and spring constant (25N/m) really hard! What did people get for the answer?! (Force)
Reply 87
Original post by annabelpahl
argh found the question about extension (75mm) and spring constant (25N/m) really hard! What did people get for the answer?! (Force)

The equation to use was force = spring constant x extension (in metres). So, I think what you had to do was force = 25 x 0.075

Can anyone confirm this? :smile: x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 88
Original post by studentzarin
I hope I get an A or A*!!

Don't we all? :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 89
Original post by hello my name is
how many marks was the 2.75 ??? Question

It was 2 marks
and thanks for making this its really helped...btw do u know the momentum question which one had which velocity..was the skateboards one 0.4 and the persons 10m/s or the other way round??
Reply 90
Does anyone know iff this is right for the question on why does the mass on the baance increase? I wrote because electrons are transfered from the top rod to the one below..dot knw if its right
Reply 91
The questions when they asked you to describe the differences in the graphs wasn't difficult but you could easily lose marks if your points weren't on the mark scheme. These AQA exams always involve questions where you have to use your rational knowledge like the question when they asked you to compare issues on experimenting on mice - I find it annoying because I would rather be tested on how well I know the content. Also the 6 mark question wasn't a obvious 6 mark question to choose and they didn't give much space to write!
Reply 92
Original post by ladygabriela97
what did everyone put for calculating the maximum speed of the miner? What equation?

I used the kinetic energy equation, 1/2 mass x velocity squared,
hoping gravitational potential energy= kinetic energy
so I got something like the square root of 300? :confused:
Reply 93
Hi, just for clarification- what did everyone put for the first one where it was which 2 points do you measure from?
I put B and C (extension) but all my friends put different stuff...
Reply 94
Original post by Hannahmeg
Hi, just for clarification- what did everyone put for the first one where it was which 2 points do you measure from?
I put B and C (extension) but all my friends put different stuff...

I put this too if it's any consolation... :smile: what did you put for the electric scales water question?
Reply 95
Thanks for the mark scheme, appreciate it
Reply 96
Original post by Hannahmeg
I used the kinetic energy equation, 1/2 mass x velocity squared,
hoping gravitational potential energy= kinetic energy
so I got something like the square root of 300? :confused:

I got this too, if that helps!

and I also put B and C for the spring question, this seemed to be the logical answer but who knows with AQA these days?! :wink:
Reply 97
For the water one I think I put it would reduce resistance because it's a good conductor (?!?)
Reply 98
Original post by khalidpatel
Unoffical markscheme guys:
Q1. B, has the steepest line/highest gradient
Q2. Resultant force at start is zero. Then driving force increases whilst friction force stays the same. Eventually force of friction increases, reducing the resultant force.

2.75 m/s²
Q3. Explain why the rod is negative
The rod is negatively charged as the electrons from the woollen cloth have been transferred the rod by rubbing.

The balance reading increases because opposite charges repel
To prove this theory the student would have to do an experiment and collect data in a graph to conclude the results. The student would collect the balance reading data when the rod is at different distances away from the balance. the student should also repeat these results in order to improve reliability

Q4. If the hypothesis is correct, what happens to the current?
The current is doubles
variable resistor
Why was a line graph used, not a bar chart
it was not in a bar graph as bother variables were continuous
What is the most likely reason for the anomolous result
human error (reading the data incorrectly)

draw the line of best fit
Draw line on the graph

Yes that is correct the current doubles as the pd doubles eg (used data from graph as example)
D.C. = current flowing in one direction.
Charge = 36,000 Coulombs

Kinetic Energy = 2,160J ( 0.5*120kg * 6m/s2= 2160J)

Distance travelled would decrease, because the weight of the body increases therefore more force is required to move the body because :

Velocity = Momentum/Mass
Momentum is not conserved because an external force was applied.
Conservation of Momentum is when :
total momentum before interaction = total momentum after interaction
Mass of Skateboard = 2.2kg (55kg*0.4=22 22/10= 2.2kg)

Mass Number = number of protons + number of neutrons
Alpha releases two neutrons and two protons whereas Beta replaces the neutron with a proton and emits an electron.
212 ........ 208 .... 4
83 BI -> 81 TI + 2 HE

Alpha and Beta cannot produce the same element since the number of neutrons and protons they release vary. In addition, Beta releases an electron. Alpha decay and beta decay of 212 BI cannot ever produce the same element as both have different mass and proton numbers

This was the exam I did, it's unit 2 higher on the old spec I think. I just can't remember what I wrote for my answers :s-smilie:
Can anyone tell me what some of the questions are, as i am doing a mock soon and really have no idea what to revise???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending