The Student Room Group

Job interview with Costa Coffee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys just want to ask you some stuff regarding the interviews at Costa...is any of you still coming back to this thread..? thanks
Original post by SierraL
Hey guys just want to ask you some stuff regarding the interviews at Costa...is any of you still coming back to this thread..? thanks

I can see if I can answer any questions. My interview was 2 years ago but I'm still working there so can see if I can help x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by littlesocksx
I can see if I can answer any questions. My interview was 2 years ago but I'm still working there so can see if I can help x

Hi LittleSocks :wink: thanks for getting back..Yes, my friend wants to apply, but he doesnt know what to put as his referee as he doesn't really want to let his current employer know that he is looking for another job until he receives an offer from Costa...(He wants to apply for a assistant manager, but in his current work he only works as a team member but knows a lot of stuff as a assistant manager does, so he wants to apply to Costa to grow further). Also in his current job he worked for over 6 years but he only put down 2 years in his CV ..so it doesnt look bad..

He was asking if Costa manager ask for references from current job or do they send out letters or phone up to last employers..?or they only phone referees which he put as a reference..? As he doesnt really want them to contact his current employer as his manager will give them exact dates of employemnt and position. Btw he is a bright, hardworking guy, done a bus.degree so worked few jobs but now he wants to progress to management positions and thought Costa would be the best to start with. Thanks for your advice..
I've got an interview a week today, for a store that is opening in my town soon.

can anybody please give me any advice on how to impress the interviewer? I really want to work at Costa, looks such a cool place to work :smile:
Reply 24
Hey you guys. I just want to know how you landed those interviews. There are no vacancies in the city where i live but still i would like to give it a try. I have the application form with me. I dont know which address i should post it to. Can anybody please help me?
Original post by Amogha
Hey you guys. I just want to know how you landed those interviews. There are no vacancies in the city where i live but still i would like to give it a try. I have the application form with me. I dont know which address i should post it to. Can anybody please help me?

Hey,
What I would do if I were in your situation is make a few photocopies of your application form, and hand one in to each store (I'm assuming if it's in a city there is more than one costa, there usually is). You might be able to find a place somewhere, at the very least they will keep you on file.

For me, I live in a town and a there is a new store opening in April. I had to e-mail a CV to the area manager, and then he just invited me to an interview. I don't know if I've got the job yet, I don't find out until the 13th March.
The Coffee house round my way seems to entirely take on Polish ex-sluts.
I just accepted my job offer to work at Costa Coffee. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 28
I got an interview this morning at costa :smile:)) im looking forward i had to wait 3 weeks for a phone call since i applied i seriously dont want to lose this chance
Original post by Nomi786
I got an interview this morning at costa :smile:)) im looking forward i had to wait 3 weeks for a phone call since i applied i seriously dont want to lose this chance

Just act really passionate about working as a team, getting to serve and help the public, and pretend you are really passionate about wanting to work specifically for costa coffee.

That's what I did and it worked for me!
Reply 30
Yea i got in tooo :smile: and did you have to wait for a post to come until you could start work. Any idea what it is
Original post by Nomi786
Yea i got in tooo :smile: and did you have to wait for a post to come until you could start work. Any idea what it is

Good for you! Well done :biggrin:

Umm, I literally do not know anything yet other than I've got a job there, my store is a new one that hasn't opened yet, it was meant to open soon but it's been delayed until May :frown:

I think a lot of how the employment/training etc depends on where in the country you are, because costa is franchised and different franchises run shops in different areas. With my Franchise I have to go to a shop that's like an hour away for training as that's where the area manager is based!
Reply 32
Original post by snikutsmullac

Umm, I literally do not know anything yet other than I've got a job there, my store is a new one that hasn't opened yet, it was meant to open soon but it's been delayed until May :frown:

I think a lot of how the employment/training etc depends on where in the country you are, because costa is franchised and different franchises run shops in different areas. With my Franchise I have to go to a shop that's like an hour away for training as that's where the area manager is based!

Oh right basically i had to go in for trial and they passed me than next morning i had to go in to do paper work which took 3 hours and now i have to wait for a post and fill something in online than after that i can start straight away
Original post by Nomi786

Oh right basically i had to go in for trial and they passed me than next morning i had to go in to do paper work which took 3 hours and now i have to wait for a post and fill something in online than after that i can start straight away

I imagine all of the paper-work is quite similar, so no doubt I'll get the same! Do you mind me asking if you know anything about pay? On the Costa website it says £6.38-£6.61 but I've heard others say different, do you know what your pay is going to be?

I imagine all of the paper-work is quite similar, so no doubt I'll get the same! Do you mind me asking if you know anything about pay? On the Costa website it says £6.38-£6.61 but I've heard others say different, do you know what your pay is going to be?

I get paid 6.46 an hour. Depends on the area though. It goes up after a year anyway! I've been there 2 years now, nearly 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get paid 6.46 an hour. Depends on the area though. It goes up after a year anyway! I've been there 2 years now, nearly 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats good, as long as it's around £6-£6.50 I'll be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it hard to learn how to make all of the different drinks? That's what I'm the most worried about, whenever I see the Baristas make them it looks so complicated D:
(edited 10 years ago)
Is it hard to learn how to make all of the different drinks? That's what I'm the most worried about, whenever I see the Baristas make them it looks so complicated D:

No you'll pick it up quite quickly! Flat White is the hardest to master but the rest are quite simple :smile: I wouldn't worry you'll do lots of training on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you'll pick it up quite quickly! Flat White is the hardest to master but the rest are quite simple :smile: I wouldn't worry you'll do lots of training on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad to hear that, because it seemed really hard... how many people usually work on one shift?
I'm glad to hear that, because it seemed really hard... how many people usually work on one shift?

It depends how busy the store is, I work in a town. It also depends on the budget the manager has for people working cos sometimes they have to try and cut labour. At the moment we usually have 4 people working or 5 and these shifts would be 6 - 3 (the person opening) 8.30 - 12.30 9.30 - 5.30 and two people on 11 - 7 but it all depends on where you work :smile: other places many have different shift patterns x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending