The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Maths 2012-2013 : Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollieeilloh
Ahhh really? My nearest uni is St Andrews, nobody from my school really goes there though - I know of one person. It's way too close to home!

Do you have an "Ach aye the noo" accent?
That's hilarious, we take the bus to school and you ride on the back of a sheep
Reply 1581
Ahhh really? My nearest uni is St Andrews, nobody from my school really goes there though - I know of one person. It's way too close to home!

What school?
Original post by I am Ace
Do you have an "Ach aye the noo" accent?
That's hilarious, we take the bus to school and you ride on the back of a sheep

If I said I think I do, would I be kicked off this thread?
Yeah well it's the only way to travel, pscht.
Original post by Slumpy
What school?

You won't know it unless you're from around St Andrews :tongue: and no it's not St Leonard's (big private school)
You won't know it unless you're from around St Andrews :tongue: and no it's not St Leonard's (big private school)

Madras?
Reply 1585

I expect I know it - that's why I asked:p:
(And I swear St Leonard's isn't very big! I'm sure we had more people..)
Original post by Slumpy

That's awkward.
Waid Academy? You're either gonna think I'm a huge chav or posh now aha!

Original post by Asklepios
Madras?

No, good guess!
^
Always think it's really sweet when people say they wanna be a teacher, requires so much patience!!
I'm gonna enjoy the longest holidays of our life (probably) haha but I'm gonna have to do something constructive.....memorise all the capitals in the world?

Ohhh I can imagine, and I thought my class was small!
My best friend dropped it after one period, and it was like.. on Binomial or something. It does look scarier than it is I suppose. :tongue:

Self teach the Applied Maths courses? :rolleyes: I'm gonna try and get job so I don't kill myself from the boredom :tongue:

My class is amazing, the people are kinda annoying, and are absolute freaks, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. Wish the teacher would show up more often though. Definitely a drawback.

When I first saw Binomial stuff I was like o.O for months :tongue: it never clicked till march for the (n r) proof :lol: a nice binomial question - find the general term then find the constant or something - that'd be nice. I'm positive one of our ten markers will be an icky series one, and I'm so not looking forward to that if it comes up.
Original post by TheFOMaster
Self teach the Applied Maths courses? :rolleyes: I'm gonna try and get job so I don't kill myself from the boredom :tongue:

My class is amazing, the people are kinda annoying, and are absolute freaks, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. Wish the teacher would show up more often though. Definitely a drawback.

When I first saw Binomial stuff I was like o.O for months :tongue: it never clicked till march for the (n r) proof :lol: a nice binomial question - find the general term then find the constant or something - that'd be nice. I'm positive one of our ten markers will be an icky series one, and I'm so not looking forward to that if it comes up.

I'm not sure if I could manage! Who knows!
Yeah I'm also jobless haha, my mum is determined to make to work in Sainsbury's.

Ahahah funny! My teacher is slightly crazy. Loves astronomy a bit too much.

Yeah it looks horrific! I'd love a question like that on Binomial, agree about series too - not a fan :frown:
Is it me, or does the 2012 paper look far more difficult than the ones before it?
Reply 1590
That's awkward.
Waid Academy? You're either gonna think I'm a huge chav or posh now aha!

I can't remember if we thought you lot were posh or not...I'm gonna go with posh!
Original post by Slumpy
I can't remember if we thought you lot were posh or not...I'm gonna go with posh!

Hmm well it's always one or the other :tongue: you know where Waid is anyway?
I don't really know anyone from St Leonard's very well so doubt we'd have any mutual friends!
Madras?

Original post by Slumpy

I've made the assumption that you two went to the same school?

Bear in mind that in my head St Andrews has about 100 people in the entire town (don't tell me it's a city?)

Bear in mind that in my head St Andrews has about 100 people in the entire town (don't tell me it's a city?)

A city aha. Nah it's just a town.
A city aha. Nah it's just a town.

My mate lives in St A now, he moved from Glasgow and has mentioned that there's one club called lizard or something

I don't live in St Andrews
Reply 1596
Hmm well it's always one or the other :tongue: you know where Waid is anyway?
I don't really know anyone from St Leonard's very well so doubt we'd have any mutual friends!

I wasn't St Leonards! Chap above got mine right. Had to google to see where it was, but I've often got annoyed by you kids when visiting:p:

I've no idea if that chap goes to my school. Could well be. St Andrews is about 16,000 people afaik,

My mate lives in St A now, he moved from Glasgow and has mentioned that there's one club called lizard or something

Interestingly, there are two 'lizard lounge's in the UK, and I've been to both...
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't live in St Andrews

I could still be right, perhaps you fly to school on your private jet.
Or sheep it like Hollie - probably not though

Yeah it's a pub, there's no clubs at all in St. A's but loads of pubs/bars and restaurants :tongue:
Original post by Slumpy
I wasn't St Leonards! Chap above got mine right. Had to google to see where it was, but I've often got annoyed by you kids when visiting:p:

Ooh interesting, yeah I know some people from Madras.
Ahaha sorry. The bits I've been in look like Hogwarts.. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending