The Student Room Group

I need your help folks !all your best advices

Hi

I am a mature student.I just realised that I will not pass all my courses or some.This is all due to the amount of materials to study.I am looking forward to resit but wonder if it is possible to resit all my modules!Now I am so frustrated and need your help my friends.

The fact is that I need more time to prepare my modules for examinations.I am looking forward to your advices and experiences.

Now I need a reason to explain why I could not present my exams.Any reason that will help me go ahead for that resit in august.Will the university let me resit them all?

Thank you
Reply 1
If you don't attempt your exams without an acceptable reason (not being prepared is not an acceptable reason), you may be excluded from the August resit examination. Even if you are not excluded from the resit, you may capped at the minimum pass. You need to check the rules and regulations for your university. It is likely that whether you take the exam or not, you will have been deemed to have used 1 of your allowed attempts. Since you are usually limited to 2 attempts, you will only get 1 more attempt to pass.

Your best course of action is to take the exam, do the best you can. If you pass great, if not you will have had valuable exam practice. It is very easy to convince yourself that you are not ready for an exam. You may be pleasantly surprised when you turn over the exam script, you may not. The only way to know for sure is to attempt the exam.

Do not fall into the trap of believing that if X and Y is not right, then you can't possible attempt an exam. Or that if I believe I'm not going to get a good mark, there is no point in trying.

Once you get your results, you can decide what to do next.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
in my university, only if you are serious sick, can you apply for a resit. i do not think the university will allow you to resit all the subjects.
You need to turn up to these exams, as otherwise they may not let you back for the August resits. Even if they do let you back for the August resits, then your marks will be capped at 40%, unless you can provide some particularly good reason (your child dying, or you spending all of May and June in a medically-induced coma, for instance).

You will have to speak to your academic advisor, but if you fail all your modules, or you fail a resit, then you will either be kicked out of uni or required to retake the whole year.

I don't think there are many of us who wouldn't have liked more time to prepare for our exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending