The Student Room Group

AQA psychology PSYA3 & PSYA4

good luck for your exams! i'm in yr 12 atm, i was wondering if A2 psychology has 12 arker questions like it did for AS or are there not any sort of essay questions?
Reply 1
Original post by shybrowngirl
good luck for your exams! i'm in yr 12 atm, i was wondering if A2 psychology has 12 arker questions like it did for AS or are there not any sort of essay questions?

A2 psychology is mainly essay questions, you should take a look at some of the past papers to get a good idea of what it will be like.
Reply 2
Original post by swiftylol
A2 psychology is mainly essay questions, you should take a look at some of the past papers to get a good idea of what it will be like.

The maximum questions are 25 marks. 8 for outline, 16 for evaluate usually. These can be spilt into smaller questions (the max I have seen is 3 per section). You will learn 3 topics for the exam and there'll be 25 marks for each section in PSYA3. In PSYA4 it changes slightly and one of the sections, Research Methods, is more heavily weighted and has more smaller questions like you are used to. For PSYA3 I studied Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Aggression and Relationships. For PSYA4 I am currently studying Depression, Addiction and Research Methods. However, there are many different topics for both, some people choose them independently whilst others are taught set ones. I really enjoyed Year 13 Psych even more than Year 12 and am going to study it at Uni next year. Hope this helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending