The Student Room Group

OCR History B (Modern World) GCSE - 12th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Natalieportmanxx
so, are the a star grade boundaries fixed at 90%, which would be 180 out of 200?

No, marks are scaled as far as I'm aware.
We've been told it's roughly 85% for an A* so around the 150/175 mark
ok, because if you look up the 'ocr june 2012 grade boundaries' it comes up with this list, and for history it says 180? but then i thought they wouldn't make them available before marking them?
Reply 182
Original post by Leelad
Suffrage movement was Jan 2012 but honestly it could be anything. It'd be just like OCR to do Suffrage movement again to try and catch people out.

I agree, people think its going to be Liberal Reforms. but they might just screw us over by doing one of the other two! Best to just revise them all guys!
Reply 183
ok, because if you look up the 'ocr june 2012 grade boundaries' it comes up with this list, and for history it says 180? but then i thought they wouldn't make them available before marking them?

Have a look here, this is the January 2012 raw marks table :smile:
http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_64986_admin_unit_grd_bound_jan_12.pdf?
Reply 184
Original post by Sophie_1995
I got that one completely wrong... How did everyone just GUESS it was communism!!? D: It was 7 marks so I doubt I'll get any for that one :frown: The rest of the paper was alright, but I think I've dropped some marks throughout :frown: PRAYING FOR LOW GRADE BOUNDARIEEES!!!! :biggrin:

You don't need to worry - it's only 7 marks out of 75 and you can get up to 4 marks/7 if you say about context and details from the source. :smile:
ok, so if i got 43 in the controlled assesment, and around 63 in this one, I could realistically get an a star still?
Reply 186
ok, so if i got 43 in the controlled assesment, and around 63 in this one, I could realistically get an a star still?

Definitely. Typically 44 is an A* in coursework, and between 61-64 in Paper 1. So you're shy of 2 marks atm (if paper has been easier, which I don't think it has) And paper 2 boundaries are much lower, so you need around 39-42/50 :smile:
Original post by Melissajanex
I'm on an A in gcse but it's different I guess

Understatement much!?? :smile: Yeah but the is a big jump, every year people don't realise.
Answers for the 'does this source prove that Germany could afford to pay reparations' question? SOMEONE PLEASE xD
Reply 189
Original post by flink
Also what would happen if you didn't write the name of the section you did on the front of the answer booklet?

i did that too, anyone know if it matters? its shouldn't do I think the examiner will know from your answer
Did anyone do the events of Saar 1935:s-smilie:
Original post by catherine24
Answers for the 'does this source prove that Germany could afford to pay reparations' question? SOMEONE PLEASE xD

I said it does prove because it described Germany as commuting fraud. But from own knowledge they missed a payment which suggests they couldn't afford it even though the reparatiOns were a third of germanys annual production. What did you put?
did anyone answer the 'why was this photo of the poor black family in virginia taken?' question? What did you say?
My teacher was pretty mad about the Bolshevik question coming up. Pretty sure she was going to complain to the exam board about it. :colondollar:
I think I screwed up on my timings, I panicked when I reached 1 hour.
Reply 194
Original post by Umackjiggles
Upper Silesia and social problems dealt with : 200,000 slaves freed from sierra leone, 400,000 POWs returned to their homeland, refugee camps set up for 1.2 million refugees of the Greco-Turkan war whom they treated with cholera would also be accepted.

Yes, I agree :smile: I was referring to the structure used! Any social successes or disputes solved would be accepted :smile:
did anyone answer the 'why was this photo of the poor black family in virginia taken?' question? What did you say?

yeah, I put that it was taken to highlight how not everyone prospered from the boom and afro-Americans were still living in poor conditions without the luxury's. you?
Original post by amyAcurran
events of saar in 1935?

There was a plebiscite in 1935 where the people who lived in the Saar voted where it was to go back to Germany as it was put under control of the league. 90% voted yes so the Saar returned to hitler:smile:.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 197
Guys I made a massive mistake!

I didn't see that Germany was kneeling hence faking it on the source question with Germany in the water hence I thought Germany was actually drowning!

How many marks do I lose?
Reply 198

I put that it shows that not everyone benefited from the Economic Boom and that black people were struggling financially etc..

what did everyone else put??
Reply 199
What did people think/write for the cuba source in the cold war section. Got a bit stuck and not sure I put a valid main message. Rest of paper went okay, knew bolsheviks from my controlled assessment on russia. :smile:

Did you find the ten markers just a tad harded than normal, I had explained reasons for all but was a challenge to refer back such as for 6c how they helped increase support. Surely thats what their policies were mostly for to a certain extent.

Anyway exam is over hoping fornliberals are teacgers have taught us mostly on that as it hasnt come up for ages. Bit naive if you ask me to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending