The Student Room Group

Possibly written the wrong question number in the margin?

I sat an AQA government and politics exam the other day and I woke up last night and suddenly got it into my head that I had written the wrong question number.

I originally answered one question, changed my mind, and in the panic of the exam went back to the original question. I'm thinking I may have changed the number to the second question.

My exam officer at my sixth form said as they've been sent off there's nothing they can do. I just wondered if the examiner can clearly see the question is about something else if they just use their common sense and mark it on that basis or if they only mark it on the basis you've stated.

I'm probably panicking about nothing as I'm 90% sure I wouldn't have, but it's the lingering out doubt in my mind that's worrying me.

Thanks
Reply 1
Try not to worry about it too much. You probably did change it anyway, but if you didn't then the examiners should be familiar with the question so they should realise. If you're worried, maybe you could contact the exam board somehow..? Sorry if that wasn't much help..
Reply 2
Original post by Latem
I sat an AQA government and politics exam the other day and I woke up last night and suddenly got it into my head that I had written the wrong question number.

I originally answered one question, changed my mind, and in the panic of the exam went back to the original question. I'm thinking I may have changed the number to the second question.

My exam officer at my sixth form said as they've been sent off there's nothing they can do. I just wondered if the examiner can clearly see the question is about something else if they just use their common sense and mark it on that basis or if they only mark it on the basis you've stated.

I'm probably panicking about nothing as I'm 90% sure I wouldn't have, but it's the lingering out doubt in my mind that's worrying me.

Thanks

Is this for AS? If so, then it should be clear to the marker, as you will have answered on a different topic to the one you indicated.
Original post by Latem

Thanks

I wouldn't worry. Having read loads of examiners reports, I can tell you that it happens all the time, and while it might be a little annoying for the marker, you won't be penalised for it. As others have said, exam markers ARE HUMAN(!), so they can figure this sort of thing out pretty easily. So yeah, it'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Okay, thanks guys. I've spoken to the exam board and they are going to send a note with the paper :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Latem

Thanks

May I ask if your mistake has been critical?

Quick Reply

Latest