The Student Room Group

I forgot to write the question on my english lit exam, will this affect my result???

I forgot to write the question on my english lit exam, will this affect my result???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh my god. i didn't either !!!! someone please let us know
I'm sure it will be fine, loads of people proboly forgot to as they were nervous.
Reply 3
Your exams officer would've probably filled it in for you.
Reply 4
Well for AQA I didn't write the question, but I had to write the question number on the margin. However, from reading the essay I do think the examiner will realise what question you are answering. It would just be more work for the examiner, if you didn't notify what question you did. Marks shouldn't be deducted really.
Reply 5
Original post by kuezz
Your exams officer would've probably filled it in for you.

but it was all inside a blank answer booklet, and i don't think they're allowed to read our work. am so scared they wont mark it's now!
Reply 6
yeah probably, they might know what question i did anyway by reading it
Reply 7
Original post by meganlit
but it was all inside a blank answer booklet, and i don't think they're allowed to read our work. am so scared they wont mark it's now!

same! my examination board is strict too..
Reply 8
I believe they have to check every paper before it's sent off anyway.
I'm sure the examiner will be able to understand what question you are answering. E.g. if you were constantly referring to Macbeth in your essay they would know it was the question for Macbeth.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just focus for the next paper:smile:
How many paragraphs did everyone write for the second question (for me it was an Inspector Calls).

My teacher advised me to write 4 paragraphs instead of 3?
Will this effect my grade much?
Reply 11
Original post by francesco_16
I'm sure the examiner will be able to understand what question you are answering. E.g. if you were constantly referring to Macbeth in your essay they would know it was the question for Macbeth.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just focus for the next paper:smile:

thankyou!
oh my god. i didn't either !!!! someone please let us know

Original post by rmcgillin

When you say question do you mean question number like 01 for the Macbeth question or the actual question like how does Shakespeare...?

If you haven't put done the thing I wrote second (the actual question) but did right the question then your fine.

If you haven't written the question number then you might be ****ed.

I guess it depends on how generous the examiner is towards you, surely he wouldn't choose to refuse to mark a great piece of work just because you forgot to write the question number.

I'm pretty sure they have a booklet like we did in the exam with all the questions on it.

If your really worried, I would be too, so what you need to do is:
Contact AQA, call them or whatever
Ask your teacher but DO NOT rely on this because they wouldn't know for sure
Don't hope for the best or do anything that'll make you think about whats happened
Prepare for your next exam, ****ing ace it and don't commit the same mistakes

They'll know what question you were answering, you won't lose marks because of a title, I had this with one of my exams and I told my officiator about it and they said they would do it for me or notify the exam board so don't worry you won't lose marks

I forgot to label my answer
If you forgot to label your answer with the correct question number, you don't need to worry about it, as our examiners will make every effort to try and match a non-labelled answer with the correct question.

i found this on the AQA website
Reply 15
No, don't worry about it - all papers are scanned, the scanners will be able to work out which question you answered - from what is written, and the examiners will also be able to work it out. Many candidates do this every year, it's nothing to worry about.
Reply 16
Original post by rmcgillin

Did the same thing last year for both of my lit papers and they still got marked. Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by okayseoul
Did the same thing last year for both of my lit papers and they still got marked. Don't worry about it :smile:

okay thankyou! thats good to know!!
Original post by Joline
No, don't worry about it - all papers are scanned, the scanners will be able to work out which question you answered - from what is written, and the examiners will also be able to work it out. Many candidates do this every year, it's nothing to worry about.

thanks so much! i'm just hoping they'll work out who to send it to as they scan and send it to someone who does all romeo and juliet questions, etc. but thanks anyway :smile: hope it's all alright
Reply 19
Every page has a bar code, don't worry about it - you ll be fine. Did you find the paper OK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending