The Student Room Group

wrote the wrong question number on my english lit exam!!

On my English Literature A Level Paper 1 exam, i wrote a few of the wrong question numbers as I changed my mind on which question to answer (there are multiple choices of questions with different numbers for the same books). I just read the JQA examinations requirements and apparently the invigiliators are required to tell us before and after the exam to correctly write the question numbers based on the paper and not the order we did them in. I.e, Choice 0.4 instead of the 3rd question u answered. The invigilators did not tell us this!!! My whole class has done the same and we are all stressing. I think I wrote question 0.8 instead of 0.7 on my Paper and I'm freaking out it will be marked as if I did question 7. I did however write the title of the question at the top of the essays, so I'm hoping this will be okay????? I've emailed the examinations officer but I'm so scared
Reply 1
Original post by s140805
On my English Literature A Level Paper 1 exam, i wrote a few of the wrong question numbers as I changed my mind on which question to answer (there are multiple choices of questions with different numbers for the same books). I just read the JQA examinations requirements and apparently the invigiliators are required to tell us before and after the exam to correctly write the question numbers based on the paper and not the order we did them in. I.e, Choice 0.4 instead of the 3rd question u answered. The invigilators did not tell us this!!! My whole class has done the same and we are all stressing. I think I wrote question 0.8 instead of 0.7 on my Paper and I'm freaking out it will be marked as if I did question 7. I did however write the title of the question at the top of the essays, so I'm hoping this will be okay????? I've emailed the examinations officer but I'm so scared

Report the invigilator to your exam board as they didn't notify you. I'm not sure what will happen but hopefully your class doesn't fail.
Reply 2
Original post by Hallall
Report the invigilator to your exam board as they didn't notify you. I'm not sure what will happen but hopefully your class doesn't fail.

Oh dear I'm freaking out now cos I need an A
Reply 3
Don’t worry. The examiner will see you have written the essay title. You have also informed your exams officer so the information is recorded. This is not an uncommon error on the day - examiners understand that sometimes students record a different number to the essay they write. It’s quite clear from the substance of essays and they will just mark it according the question you are addressing. Put your mind at rest and focus on your next exams.
Reply 4
Original post by ueh2023
Don’t worry. The examiner will see you have written the essay title. You have also informed your exams officer so the information is recorded. This is not an uncommon error on the day - examiners understand that sometimes students record a different number to the essay they write. It’s quite clear from the substance of essays and they will just mark it according the question you are addressing. Put your mind at rest and focus on your next exams.

thank you sooo much ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending