The Student Room Group

21st June Textiles AQA GCSE

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would help and tell me what they are revising for in the textiles exam?? Im really stuck on what to revise for as our teacher hasn't really told us what to revise for.

Scroll to see replies

Have you been given the pre release material?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Have you got the CGP book? It's pretty helpful :smile: there's so much to learn though!
It is so helpful! The general theme is Rainforests and that should be the theme for the design question

Reply 4
Original post by claudiacoleman
It is so helpful! The general theme is Rainforests and that should be the theme for the design question

That was basically what the pre-release was right? Rainforest theme?
Reply 5
Does anyone know what sort of grade i need in this exam to get an A* overall if i got around full marks on the coursework ( dont know the mark exactly but my teacher said was a couple of marks of full before i done my improvements) ?
Reply 6
Original post by icestar
Does anyone know what sort of grade i need in this exam to get an A* overall if i got around full marks on the coursework ( dont know the mark exactly but my teacher said was a couple of marks of full before i done my improvements) ?

Assuming you got full marks you would have to get 120 UMS on the exam which is B. This is UMS B however and not marks, but i don't know how to do that sorry :smile:
Reply 7
i really need help on revision topics due to me getting A* in coursework
i need help please help me???? ? ?
Reply 8
Does anyone know what cellular production is? I think it's the same as subassembly but I'm not too sure?
Original post by bookworm786
That was basically what the pre-release was right? Rainforest theme?

Yeah!!

Original post by claudiacoleman
Yeah!!

Thanks!!
yeah, I have the CGP book, but i was hoping we didnt have to learn ALL of it hahaha. Looks like we do though so its going to be cramming for me all day. brilliant :wink:

Im a bit worried about my designs though in case what they ask for isn't something I have done. I really need to keep up my grade so losing marks on this part will be really bad for me
Reply 12
do we do 2 designs for one product? or two totally different designs? because the wording on the pre release sounds like we do two designs for the same product? what designs is everyone doing?
Reply 13
Original post by kag
do we do 2 designs for one product? or two totally different designs? because the wording on the pre release sounds like we do two designs for the same product? what designs is everyone doing?

We have done 2 completely different designs, i have done a bag and a dress then you deveop one for your final design
Reply 14
Original post by icestar
We have done 2 completely different designs, i have done a bag and a dress then you deveop one for your final design

i know the others were like that but the pre release sais 'develop ideas for a textile product' so our teacher told us to do types of one product e.g. boys and girls version because it says product not products? so now i'm confused!
Reply 15
Original post by kag
i know the others were like that but the pre release sais 'develop ideas for a textile product' so our teacher told us to do types of one product e.g. boys and girls version because it says product not products? so now i'm confused!

When it says develop ideas for a textiles product , it literal just means that it has to be a textiles product, it would be incorrect grammer to say products and wouldn't make sence
Reply 16
Original post by icestar
When it says develop ideas for a textiles product , it literal just means that it has to be a textiles product, it would be incorrect grammer to say products and wouldn't make sence

and its ironic how you cant even spell sense aha lol
Reply 17
Original post by dgdlalo16

yeah i know i can't spell,doesnt mean i dont get A*s in english
Original post by dgdlalo16

Original post by icestar
yeah i know i can't spell,doesnt mean i dont get A*s in english

Lol you guys :biggrin:
I hope it all goes well for you all today, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending