The Student Room Group

Not going in for A2 studying after AS exams

I got a full time job ,is it okay not to go in for the A2 study and study from home or is absolutely essential to go in for these next 4 weeks ?
Reply 1
Tbh, just don't go in, I didn't and I just caught up in September. If you're planning to do the work at home then that's even better.
Depends on your school.....of course you do not have to go in but what are the subsequent consequences my school get on your case if you do not go in even after AS exams but are more lenient due to Uni visits, taster course and UCAS events, around this time of year.
Reply 3
Original post by Tayberry
I got a full time job ,is it okay not to go in for the A2 study and study from home or is absolutely essential to go in for these next 4 weeks ?

At my school you wouldn't be accepted back for A2 if you didn't attend these 4 weeks. You'll have to find out the policy at yours.
Reply 4
My school also required I attend. Why do you have a full time job anyways? Or is it just a summer one?
Reply 5
I'm leaving my current sixth form and going to college so it doesn't matter about the school policy my question was , is self teaching A2 for the next 3 weeks a viable option ? Is it do-able ? The reason why I've got a full time job is because I need the money
Reply 6
Original post by Tayberry
I'm leaving my current sixth form and going to college so it doesn't matter about the school policy my question was , is self teaching A2 for the next 3 weeks a viable option ? Is it do-able ? The reason why I've got a full time job is because I need the money

course it's ok if you can learn through text books (me) and past exam questions etc without the teacher babysitting you

Quick Reply

Latest