The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Physics at Glasgow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
we'd be better off meeting at the exhibition centre station, thats the closest one to the science centre. Also anyone coming from the west end goes through the exhibition centre station to get to central. Ideal train for me would be 10:14 from anniesland, arrives exhibition centre at 10:23. It's 15 minute walk from there so if everyone can aim to get to the station for about 10:20-25 at the latest we'll be on time for the first things starting.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 181
So just to post as an update:

Science Centre Meet:
Wednesday 5th of September.
Open from 10 am but most of the things start around 11.

I'd suggest we meet around 10:20 at the train station if everyone can manage that. So we can make sure we get to see everything we want. Rather than go later and miss things.
Last thing on is usually starting at 4pm.

It costs £9.95 to get in, plus £2.50 for anything you do that's in the planetarium or in the imax. So I'd suggest everyone coming brings£15-20 for tickets as there's always stuff on in both of those. On 05/09/12 theres actually 2 different things on in the imax but nothing down for the planetarium yet, but i think the schedule will fill out closer to the time.

TL;DR

Wed 5th, ~10:20am at Exhibition Centre Train Station, £15-20.
Reply 182
Original post by IamStu
So just to post as an update:

Science Centre Meet:
Wednesday 5th of September.
Open from 10 am but most of the things start around 11.

I'd suggest we meet around 10:20 at the train station if everyone can manage that. So we can make sure we get to see everything we want. Rather than go later and miss things.
Last thing on is usually starting at 4pm.

It costs £9.95 to get in, plus £2.50 for anything you do that's in the planetarium or in the imax. So I'd suggest everyone coming brings£15-20 for tickets as there's always stuff on in both of those. On 05/09/12 theres actually 2 different things on in the imax but nothing down for the planetarium yet, but i think the schedule will fill out closer to the time.

TL;DR

Wed 5th, ~10:20am at Exhibition Centre Train Station, £15-20.

Thank you guys so much for being so flexible :smile: I was sooo annoyed when I read the rota and noticed that I have to work on tuesday. Anyway, I am really looking forward to wednesday now! By the way, how are we going to recognise each other as there will be quite a lot of people at the train station? ;D
Original post by noro
Thank you guys so much for being so flexible :smile: I was sooo annoyed when I read the rota and noticed that I have to work on tuesday. Anyway, I am really looking forward to wednesday now! By the way, how are we going to recognise each other as there will be quite a lot of people at the train station? ;D

Good point!! Well I'm pretty easy to spot as I'm about 6"5 and have longish hair and will probably have a band tshirt on lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 184
Well meeting at exhibition centre won't be too busy but just in case lets all gather around the 6'5" guy as its probably the easiest landmark to spot :P. alternatively if anyone pms me a mobile number we can always use more modern means of finding each other.

Mobile numbers seems like a good call

Reply 186
Wednesday is fine for me too. Although I won't be able to arrive at the Exhibition Centre Station until 11, so I might have to meet you at the Science Centre.

Regarding Maths 1R; I got the email but didn't get unenrolled...

Also, does anyone know how to tell the MyCampus system that SAAS is paying for your tuition fees?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
I'm not at home right now but when I in I can check the my campus site and tell you how to do the SAAS bit. As for the rest I sent you a pm.

Reply 188
Any day this week is fine for me :smile:

I'm happy to meet up wherever too. Mobile numbers would definitely make everything easier too

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 189
Ok thats everyone confirmed ok for wednesday so we'll do that :smile:
My phones on it's last legs so could people mail me their numbers and I'll text you, it has decided it doesn't like getting texts from unknown numbers :/

Reply 191
just confirming you've still got my number mate?
Yeah ive got yours :smile:

Reply 193
From the looks of it it seems like there's 2 things on in the IMAX and a Shadow Puppets event in the Science Centre.
http://www.gsc.org.uk/whatson.aspx?d=5
I won't be able to see the Hubble 3D one though as that's when my train gets in, but if you wanted to go in I could meet you outside.

Are we planning on eating there or should we bring packed lunches?
(this is starting to feel like a school trip XD )
Reply 194
I've finally had a reply from Margaret Macmillan about this re enrolling into maths 1R. She had to manually remove me from the class and now I'm back in the class with added labs.

I'm probably gonna buy my lunch there but that's mostly because there's no bread in my house for sandwiches :L

Reply 195
Original post by LynneEss
I've finally had a reply from Margaret Macmillan about this re enrolling into maths 1R. She had to manually remove me from the class and now I'm back in the class with added labs.

I'm probably gonna buy my lunch there but that's mostly because there's no bread in my house for sandwiches :L

Snap, I just realised I have no bread either ><
Reply 196
I'm bringing risotto if I can be bothered to make dinner tonight. :biggrin:
I'll just get my butler to whip me up some lobster in the morning, followed by some caviar sandwiches :L maybe some champagne to wash it down with

Reply 198
I was temped to make some pasta but really just couldn't be bothered in the end :P i'll just buy something there.
Reply 199
I'll probably just do that too. Do they sell stuff there or is there a nearby place that's any good?

Also, any estimates on what time we'll be finishing? I'm just trying to work out train times back ( bit late I know :P )

~ Alastair (Alta)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending