The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Rejected for 'not meeting the academic requirements' even though I do?

I'm an open uni student who's applying to start at year 1 in brick unis. I emailed Glasgow back in September asking if they accepted open university credits, and I was told, and I quote: "For BSc Physics we would usually ask for 120 OU credits with all 120 being in science modules - therefore it sounds like you should be ok for a year 1 offer as long as you pass all of these."
Yet today, not even 48 hours after sending off my application, Glasgow have rejected me because I "Don't meet the academic requirements for the programme."
What??? I average 85-97% in my modules, and they themselves told me they accepted OU credits. So what is going on here? I have GCSEs, all 9-7. I'm really confused and quite upset I was immediately rejected like that.
Original post by _min_
I'm an open uni student who's applying to start at year 1 in brick unis. I emailed Glasgow back in September asking if they accepted open university credits, and I was told, and I quote: "For BSc Physics we would usually ask for 120 OU credits with all 120 being in science modules - therefore it sounds like you should be ok for a year 1 offer as long as you pass all of these."
Yet today, not even 48 hours after sending off my application, Glasgow have rejected me because I "Don't meet the academic requirements for the programme."
What??? I average 85-97% in my modules, and they themselves told me they accepted OU credits. So what is going on here? I have GCSEs, all 9-7. I'm really confused and quite upset I was immediately rejected like that.

Ring them and ask what academic requirement you dont have.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Ring them and ask what academic requirement you dont have.

Turns out they rejected me by mistake! I checked ucas today to see the rejection taken away and a message saying my application with glasgow had been changed. Then they emailed saying they overturned the rejection and were now considering me again. I had no idea rejections could be reversed, never heard of it happening before nor have any of my friends. Super relieved though
Original post by _min_
Turns out they rejected me by mistake! I checked ucas today to see the rejection taken away and a message saying my application with glasgow had been changed. Then they emailed saying they overturned the rejection and were now considering me again. I had no idea rejections could be reversed, never heard of it happening before nor have any of my friends. Super relieved though

Glad to hear it. :smile:
Did Glasgow say sorry for the mistake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending