The Student Room Group

The Edexcel AEA (26/06/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tizza1394
I had a fair good crack at it. I managed to do it all up to and including the proof of beta= blah. My sketch was ropey though. The last part was just insane! Where did you get stuck?

Struggled at the sketch and the last 2 parts of it.

How did you did the last part of the logs question?

What was your answer to the 2nd part of the logs question?
i remember getting 7pi/4 somewhere in the last question
did you need aea for offers
Reply 63
Original post by Calculator fx
did you need aea for offers

No, just did it for fun.

I had only one done practice of two past papers for it.
yeah me 2:smile:, still annoying not showing your potential
Reply 65
Original post by raheem94
Struggled at the sketch and the last 2 parts of it.

How did you did the last part of the logs question?

What was your answer to the 2nd part of the logs question?

The logs questions was awful. I got virtually nowhere and I proved my own answer wrong when I tried some numbers :confused:

What did you get for the vectors questions?
Reply 66
The logs questions was awful. I got virtually nowhere and I proved my own answer wrong when I tried some numbers :confused:

What did you get for the vectors questions?

I don't remember the answers to it.

The first part of the vectors was tricky but the other 2 parts weren't much tricky.

Some memory coming back, it asked to find 'a', i think a=5 was the answer, right?
Reply 67
I don't remember the answers to it.

The first part of the vectors was tricky but the other 2 parts weren't much tricky.

Some memory coming back, it asked to find 'a', i think a=5 was the answer, right?

I remember having alpha=5? :smile:
Reply 68

Yeah it might be alpha not 'a'.

What was the answer to the last part, i think it asked for the diagonal length?
Didn't do aswell as i hoped. Didn't know what to put for the domain on q1. Q2 was all fine. Could NOT do q3 at all lol i only got as far as summing the RHS to infinity then got lost in algebra. Think the vectors went ok, what answers did people get for them? The log question im pretty sure i got all right, then same for the next question about (a+b)^4 but i expanded it all and it was really messy so i just gave up and pretended to get there because it was a waste of time refactorising so thats probably 3 marks down. Then for the final question i believe i did the first two parts fine, then couldn't do the 2 marker, did some of the next 5 marker, than ran out of time for the last 5 marks.

I estimate i lost 10 marks on the last question, 10 marks on questions 1 and 3, then a further 3 on q5 meaning if my answers are right im on 70/100 before style/presentation/clarity marks which normally would probably just scrape a distinction but if you guys all think the boundaries will be really high then i guess i can kiss that distinction goodbye :frown:. Ah well.
for the volume i got 343 and the diagonal 10, i guessed though lol
Reply 71
Yeah it might be alpha not 'a'.

What was the answer to the last part, i think it asked for the diagonal length?

I have literally no recollection of what I wrote for that xD. Can you remember your answer?
how many marks was the log question, cos i got 0 on that loool, i'm hustling for a merit

I also remember having alpha=5. I got the volume of the cube to be 7^3 so 343 and then got the diagonal to be 5root3 but i wasn't sure about that.
Reply 74
I have literally no recollection of what I wrote for that xD. Can you remember your answer?

Don't remember it correctly but off the top of my head it was may be 10.
BTW what was up with 5 marks for the volume of the cube? I mean i just worked out the distances between all 3 vertices, and given that they were all different distances you know that the shortest one must be the side of the cube given there are only 3 different possible distances between any two vertices on a cube (surely?).
Reply 76
Original post by In One Ear
I also remember having alpha=5. I got the volume of the cube to be 7^3 so 343 and then got the diagonal to be 5root3 but i wasn't sure about that.

I got 343 and I swear I had a 5rootsomething somewhere xD
Original post by Calculator fx
how many marks was the log question, cos i got 0 on that loool, i'm hustling for a merit

I think it was 3, 5 and 6 so 14 marks in total.
Reply 78
Don't remember it correctly but off the top of my head it was may be 10.

Darn, I think I had 5root something.
Reply 79
Original post by In One Ear
Didn't do aswell as i hoped. Didn't know what to put for the domain on q1. Q2 was all fine. Could NOT do q3 at all lol i only got as far as summing the RHS to infinity then got lost in algebra. Think the vectors went ok, what answers did people get for them? The log question im pretty sure i got all right, then same for the next question about (a+b)^4 but i expanded it all and it was really messy so i just gave up and pretended to get there because it was a waste of time refactorising so thats probably 3 marks down. Then for the final question i believe i did the first two parts fine, then couldn't do the 2 marker, did some of the next 5 marker, than ran out of time for the last 5 marks.

I estimate i lost 10 marks on the last question, 10 marks on questions 1 and 3, then a further 3 on q5 meaning if my answers are right im on 70/100 before style/presentation/clarity marks which normally would probably just scrape a distinction but if you guys all think the boundaries will be really high then i guess i can kiss that distinction goodbye :frown:. Ah well.

I am also disappointed for failing to do question 3 in the exam, i have posted the solution to it in the previous page, i got the answer in moments when i tried it after the exam.

In the (a+b)^4 i also got it very messy but then i expanded (a+b)^4 to show that it matches with the one obtained by integration. And then proceeded with (a+b)^4.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending