The Student Room Group

Does having seven a levels help ?

Scroll to see replies

In the real world A levels mean bugger all, so no, I think you're just wasting your time, just take 3/4 and enjoy being a teenager whilst it lasts.
Reply 21
LOL taking opinions from strangers really does help... well thanks, clearly since it's so hard to believe I guess i answered my own question :biggrin:
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
It would if you actually had 7 A* and a load of extra curricular, but I'm pretty sure you don't. So no.

Why do you doubt him (just because you're not capable?), I know of a person who did 21 in one year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by navarre
You should take an A-level in bull****, you'd get full marks.

How do you know they are lying?
Reply 24
Original post by King-Panther
Why do you doubt her (just because you're not capable?), I know of a person who did 21 in one year.

Him*
Original post by ibz_kout
I'm fully aware you can't get A*'s in AS-level. If I get 7 A's this year, my predicted grades next year will be A*s, which is the most likely the outcome...

Not necessarily, as if you went to my College you're explicitly told that unless you have exceptional circumstances which you declare previous to sitting your exams, that you're required to achieve at least 90% overall at AS to get the A* predictions.

What is with the rogue word in bold? A* in those languages is out of the window for you.
Reply 26
The only benefit is for your ego because in most cases it won't out you at an advantage but will make you look intelligent.
Original post by Horatio-
The only benefit is for your ego because in most cases it won't put you at an advantage but will make you look intelligent.

It depends how one defines intelligence! I agree with the ego thing, though. OP knows that all he needs is 3 A* or 4 if applying for a few of the IC courses.
Reply 28
No it doesn't. U will be in exactly the same circumstances as everyone else

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Emissionspectra
How do you know they are lying?

For the same reason I don't believe people on the internet whose dads are Arnold Schwarzneggar, or that they're 7 foot 1 karate 3rd dan blackbelts.
Reply 30
Original post by Supportive mum
It depends how one defines intelligence! I agree with the ego thing, though. OP knows that all he needs is 3 A* or 4 if applying for a few of the IC courses.

lol trust me, my ego can't get any higher. But wow, I really don't see the big fuss everyone's making.
lol trust me, my ego can't get any higher. But wow, I really don't see the big fuss everyone's making.

I'm sure it can't! However, you haven't answered my question about which languages you are studying to A level.
Original post by navarre
For the same reason I don't believe people on the internet whose dads are Arnold Schwarzneggar, or that they're 7 foot 1 karate 3rd dan blackbelts.

Lol, kind of pathetic really.
Reply 33
I'm sure it can't! However, you haven't answered my question about which languages you are studying to A level.

I took it as a rhetorical question, but Spanish, French and Arabic.
I took it as a rhetorical question, but Spanish, French and Arabic.

Excellent! Very impressive. I only managed French and German myself. Is one of them your native language, or are they all foreign languages for you? To where else are you planning to apply, and for which course?
I plan on applying to Imperial College next year with 7 A-levels: Maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, and 3 languages, I am predicted pretty much A*'s.
I have a job and engage in a lot of sports, for those who think I have no social life. I was wondering if that would boost up my chances?

I know someone who did 7 AS-levels, got AAAABBB (consider that AAAA is good enough for Cambridge) and got rejected from UCL, LSE and Warwick (he didn't apply to Oxbridge).
Reply 36
Excellent! Very impressive. I only managed French and German myself. Is one of them your native language, or are they all foreign languages for you? To where else are you planning to apply, and for which course?

There all my native languages, which is why I can cope with them, I'm half Spanish and half Algerian.
Reply 37
Original post by Junaid96
I know someone who did 7 AS-levels, got AAAABBB (consider that AAAA is good enough for Cambridge) and got rejected from UCL, LSE and Warwick (he didn't apply to Oxbridge).

Why?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
**** 7 A Levels, if you do them because you enjoy that many things and can genuinly cope go for it but I doubt it'd help a great deal. There's a certain poiint beyond which adding qualifications and experiences just doesn't help.
There all my native languages, which is why I can cope with them, I'm half Spanish and half Algerian.

Ah, I see. In that case, universities would generally only consider the other 4 subjects, as native languages are taken as 'given'. However, it's impressive that you are able to undertake a university course in English. Which course?

Quick Reply

Latest