The Student Room Group

Wimbledon 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me
Yeh they do but considering Roddick's a 3 time runner up it's surprising that he's seeded 30th :smile:

Those runner-up appearances were a long while ago, though. It's based on current form, surely?
Reply 81
Original post by Pandora.
So proud of Elena! I love her :woo:

The british are doing well :biggrin: Baltacha and Ward! not a bad days work!
Reply 82
I don't have access to a tv at the moment....how's the Baker vs. Roddick match looking?
Reply 83
Original post by Katie18!

The british are doing well :biggrin: Baltacha and Ward! not a bad days work!
Has Ward won? :eek: We've had Murray on so I've missed it. Great news! :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by D-Box
I don't have access to a tv at the moment....how's the Baker vs. Roddick match looking?

It's on serve at 1-1. Chance for Baker now though. If he returns the serves from Roddick well he could do it , just maybe.

That was fast, thanks! :tongue: Interesting...they are definitely due a play off on grass.
Reply 86
Has Ward won? :eek: We've had Murray on so I've missed it. Great news! :biggrin:

Yeah he won in the 5th set having been 3-0 down. Good win :biggrin:
Reply 87
Original post by KingMessi
Those runner-up appearances were a long while ago, though. It's based on current form, surely?

It's current form, but depends what the mean by current. I thought Wimbledon seeds based on the player's grass court matches in the past year.
Reply 88
Haas might go out
Reply 89
Roddick please don't lose in first round sigh.
Reply 90
look at Murray dishing out breadsticks. He's playing really well
Reply 91
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
That was fast, thanks! :tongue: Interesting...they are definitely due a play off on grass.
I thought it would take a while but it was a feature on the ATP homepage :wink: Yeah, I'd love to see an encounter between those two. I actually can't remember seeing one before. :confused:
Original post by Katie18!
Yeah he won in the 5th set having been 3-0 down. Good win :biggrin:
Nice one! British tennis is a lot better than I expected this tournament! :biggrin: I can't say I expect any third-rounders though (except Andy).
That lob from Murray. :coma:
Original post by D-Box
It's current form, but depends what the mean by current. I thought Wimbledon seeds based on the player's grass court matches in the past year.

Yes, by 'current' I meant the last year or so...
baker giving roddick a scare early on, all roddicks service games gone to deauce
Reply 95

I saw Federer yesterday on No.1 court.... I was front row, 3 seats to the left of the net on Federer's side where he sat between games, his tennis was so damn sexy up close:tongue:
Reply 96
Original post by Lamps08
I saw Federer yesterday on No.1 court.... I was front row, 3 seats to the left of the net on Federer's side where he sat between games, his tennis was so damn sexy up close:tongue:
Noooo! Why does everyone insist on making me so jealous! :cry2:

BIB: Oh, I bet it was :sexface:
Reply 97
Noooo! Why does everyone insist on making me so jealous! :cry2:

BIB: Oh, I bet it was :sexface:

I was sat straight opposite him, so I kept trying to psyche him out, but just got lost in those eyes, plus his hair when he made those passing shots was :sexface: (I might have to steal your avatar pic)
Reply 98
Original post by Lamps08
I was sat straight opposite him, so I kept trying to psyche him out, but just got lost in those eyes, plus his hair when he made those passing shots was :sexface: (I might have to steal your avatar pic)
Oh stop it! :tongue:

You wish! It's mine, all mine :colone:
Reply 99
roddick can be rude at times. poor ballboy

Quick Reply

Latest