The Student Room Group

Wimbledon 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Nah, Del Potro's lost this...
Original post by TheMagicRat
I refer you to my last post about Ferrer on grass. If Ferrer goes through, and he plays like this, then it will be a very close match. If Murray engages in baseline rally after baseline rally against a Ferrer in this form then Ferrer may go through.

I'd always want to avoid a man whose nickname is "The Wall".

I think that game goes very deep, but I have to favour Murray on the grass.
Reply 1582
Ferrer looks so dominant out there, and Del Potro just hasn't had an answer at all. Even though he's more of a clay court player, this is the best i've seen him on grass. I can see Murray-Ferrer going to 5 sets
Djokovic-Ferrer final on current form
If Ferrer plays like this against Murray, we could be in for a 5 setter. Ferrer possibly edging it.
johnny marray into the 1/4 final of the mens doubles after putting out the 8th seeds in 5 sets!
Murray is a terrific matchup to suit Ferrer tbh, his game is about waiting for the opponent to make a mistake, and Ferrer just doesn't make. If Andy is aggressive he should win but if he plays like he's afraid, for example in the second set against Baghdatis, then he could easily come a cropper.

Prediction: Murray in 4 scrappy sets.
Original post by jhuntley93
johnny marray into the 1/4 final of the mens doubles after putting out the 8th seeds in 5 sets!

I remember he made a run at Queens in about 2005 and everyone thought he'd be a terrific singles player, but he never really materialised.
Reply 1588
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Federer won't even be in the final.

To be honest I think Murray has to be the strong favourite to get to the final now. Murray/Ferrer on grass is a totally different game to the French open meeting, Tsonga has looked shaky at times and Kohlschreiber is a complete afterthought.

Well, that's true but life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Not defending Federer but just saying to expect the unexpected:wink:

#TeamMurray ALL THE WAY!!
Reply 1589
Who does Federer play next?
Original post by f1mad
Who does Federer play next?

Youzhny, I think.
Reply 1591
People like you will make it even better if he can win a grand slam to be honest, you Scotophobe.

Haha are you serious? Do you honestly think I don't like him because he's Scottish? I couldn't care less were he's from.
Original post by Deshi
Haha are you serious? Do you honestly think I don't like him because he's Scottish? I couldn't care less were he's from.

If he was English you would worship him.
Reply 1593
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Youzhny, I think.

Cool, thanks! :smile:
Reply 1594

Uh, no. His style of play is not everyones cup of tea, is that too hard to understand?

Might be time to get those rose-tinted glasses off.
Original post by f1mad
Uh, no. His style of play is not everyones cup of tea, is that too hard to understand?

Do people really care about the playing styles? I think not.
I was watching wimbledon yesterday, and I was thinking, I could manage a semi at this easily.

Then Sharapova/Lisicki came on and I went way past the semi stage.
Original post by internet tough guy
If Ferrer plays like this against Murray, we could be in for a 5 setter. Ferrer possibly edging it.

If Ferrer plays like he did today, he can have Murray in straight sets.
Reply 1598
Do people really care about the playing styles? I think not.

People who watch tennis for the sport, yes. Patriotic supporters, not so much.

Like I said, get those rose-tinted glasses off.
Reply 1599

No he would still be a ****er. Nice assumptions though. Not everyone cares enough about the Scots to go out of their way to hate on one of their players. Dalglish is one of my favourite sporting heroes. Go figure.

Quick Reply

Latest