The Student Room Group

The Anime Soc chat thread XXI: High school AU version

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
He has a friend who is apparently one of the best UK TF2 players. :tongue:

Pocket soldier called Laerin, backup for Epsilon incase anyone wondered. :biggrin:
Reply 781
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 782
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, that's true. In Quake, there's a casual game mode called Clan Arena, which I play whenever I want to relax and not have to think too much. That said, even at the higher level, this mode can be quite challenging.

Admittedly, I did look into TF2 briefly with Vin-kin (where art thou?) as an alternative to Quake in the past. I also met someone on Quake who has played it and amusedly posts on TSR (something I later found out). He has a friend who is apparently one of the best UK TF2 players. :tongue:

That is fair :smile: I have a friend at work who used to play TF2 competitively. When we had a team game during one of our breaks with a few other guys it pretty much turned into a 1 on 1 between him and me with the rest of our teams turning into cannon fodder for us to use as shields :ninja: .....Sounds bad but it was a difficult game. We both kept changing class to counter each other.

Though to be honest I have been playing more Chivalry lately. No idea what you would make of that as basically a fps just with swords and shields while being rather gruesome and insane :laugh:
Reply 783
Original post by JWH
That is fair :smile: I have a friend at work who used to play TF2 competitively. When we had a team game during one of our breaks with a few other guys it pretty much turned into a 1 on 1 between him and me with the rest of our teams turning into cannon fodder for us to use as shields :ninja: .....Sounds bad but it was a difficult game. We both kept changing class to counter each other.

Though to be honest I have been playing more Chivalry lately. No idea what you would make of that as basically a fps just with swords and shields while being rather gruesome and insane :laugh:

What was your friend's name? Shahe (AD) or Laerin might know him. You must be pretty good to play evenly with him.

Haven't heard of Chivalry, will look into it. Your job really is awesome. :tongue:
Reply 784
Oh, and not that it matters considering my activity (or lack thereof), but I'm off to Japan again this coming Thursday for two weeks. I may post randomly whilst I'm there. Toying with the idea of going back to the Ghibli Museum, but its location is a bit isolated. I'd have to make a trip out to Mitaka just for it. Will see.
Reply 785
Original post by Aiko
What was your friend's name? Shahe (AD) or Laerin might know him. You must be pretty good to play evenly with him.

Haven't heard of Chivalry, will look into it. Your job really is awesome. :tongue:

His name and online name is simply Nick :laugh: and I'm not that amazing I didn't get as many kills on him as he did on me I just got a lot of kills on his team mates. Other than when I was pyro or managed to catch him off guard when swapping to the sniper it was rather difficult to get him. He was really good with the scout which countered the classes I play badly.

But my job is a lot of fun and I am loving it :smile: . Specially as yesterday we had like a review thing with my team leader person and boss and they said I was pretty much doing awesome at the mo :grin:
I just got negged for this post I made in 2005. :lolwut:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1864614&postcount=53

I'll fully admit, it's spam. I wouldn't post something like that now, even if it's within TSR rules (which it clearly was back then, or else they'd have closed the thread). But... what? Why? WHO!!? :mad:
Original post by Rothwell
I'm wondering how someone could even find that thread. Do you know how much rep you lost/they had?

But can't you tell who negged? I thought you (and Eugenius) were subscribers as you both have a large avatar.

I haven't a clue. It's far from the first thread to have been posted in chat, and it doesn't show amongst the other old threads I started in my profile either (cut-off point seems to be October '05, anything before that isn't listed).

I'm an ex-subscriber, I'm too stingy to do so these days, and I don't post as much as I used to anyway. :nah: Still have the big avatar until I decide to change it. :yes: Having said that, I do have some of the old 'TSR Credits' that they've since phased out, apparently I can convert that to a 27-day free subscription... I've just not had any reason to do so yet. Figure this is as good an excuse as any. :beard:

[EDIT] :lolwut: The culprit is some guy I don't know, who joined in February, posted twice in May (in the part time/temporary employment subforum), and seems to have done little else. Besides dig up ancient threads I'd rather forget, and punish me for them, that is.

[EDIT 2] Oh, and cheers for the positive rep from last week Rothwell. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 788
I get random rep from old threads sometimes. If it's a n00b it's possible they clicked by mistake - or, apparently, iPhones are easy to neg rep on - or it's possible you did something else to annoy them and they decided to rep a random post in the hope you don't realise it's them. I've had it where someone is disagreeing with me on one thread then negs another post as they don't realise I can see anyway.
Juno
I get random rep from old threads sometimes. If it's a n00b it's possible they clicked by mistake - or, apparently, iPhones are easy to neg rep on - or it's possible you did something else to annoy them and they decided to rep a random post in the hope you don't realise it's them. I've had it where someone is disagreeing with me on one thread then negs another post as they don't realise I can see anyway.

Interesting. :beard: Also, thanks. :p:
As i've finally finished Baccano! this night I feel I can post in this thread finally without feeling throughly ashamed of myself :getmecoat: Hello everyone *waves*

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Interesting. :beard: Also, thanks. :p:

I got negative karma last year on a forum from a post made 6 years ago when I just said thanks to someone who answered my question in a few hundred page chat thread :yep: I felt proud in a weird way that my obnoxiousness is so memorable.
Ah back from le holiday, can get back to the important things in life aka anime :wink:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Ah back from le holiday, can get back to the important things in life aka anime :wink:

Hope it was fun and welcome back :^_^:

Currently just started Higurashi and it's... erm, I have no idea. At the moment it's like this, ":awesome: La-di-la-la-lifeispwerdy-la-di-la-BASEBALLBATTOTHEFACE".

I'm going in pretty much blind but it looks like things are to get messed up very quickly. Huzzah! :macarena:
have any one here started watching the second season of high school dxd?
Reply 794
Could someone please recommend me an anime with loads of sword fighting!? Ta
Original post by lilmissshady
Could someone please recommend me an anime with loads of sword fighting!? Ta

It's called chanbara isn't it? Forgive me if I list ones you've seen, these are the ones which are coming to mind:

Samurai Champloo
Afro Samurai
Hakuoki
Rurouni Kenshin
Sword Art Online
Beserk
Sword of the Stranger
Moribito
Basilisk
Samurai 7
Reply 796
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
It's called chanbara isn't it? Forgive me if I list ones you've seen, these are the ones which are coming to mind:

Samurai Champloo
Afro Samurai
Hakuoki
Rurouni Kenshin
Sword Art Online
Beserk
Sword of the Stranger
Moribito
Basilisk
Samurai 7

Thankyou!! :biggrin:
Original post by lilmissshady
Thankyou!! :biggrin:

Anytime ^_^ Chanbara isn't normally in my field of expertise, I normally prefer more gun orientated combat although Samurai stuff be darn good <3
Reply 798
I apparently need tidy clothes for my graduation and cannot just rock up wearing my trademark t-shirt and jeans with the robe thingy. So being me I seriously thinking about getting the blue suit the 10th Doctor wore as I own no tidy clothes and have little care for my actual graduation so I may as well wear something to make up for it :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest