The Student Room Group

Westminster 2024

Hi does anybody have any exam advice:how much do you need to revise and what are ppls extracurriculars like(I’m scared I don’t do enough lol)?
Hello!
the exams are literally in a week though I AM SO SCARED I CANT LIE
I genuinely feel like I haven't done enough and there are gonna be child prodigies applying too omg this is so overwhelming omg
Ok sorry anyways I play the piano and flute and i run a club at my school etc. but im pretty sure the exam is the most important thing (??)
Im doing maths f.maths physcis and econ... wbu?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Hi
I did little revision,close to no extracurriculars worth mentioning, and have bad predicted grades. (Mostly 8&9s with three 7s out of 11 subjects) I've heard that they don't really care about the school report stuff but I've pretty much given up at this point
Yeah, but at school, I do MUN, Phil soc, and astronomy club and that's it.
I play the piano to what I'd call a pretty high level (probably), but I'm pretty sure that that doesn't matter because I know people who did diplomas for three instruments lol
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous_369
Hello!
the exams are literally in a week though I AM SO SCARED I CANT LIE
I genuinely feel like I haven't done enough and there are gonna be child prodigies applying too omg this is so overwhelming omg
Ok sorry anyways I play the piano and flute and i run a club at my school etc. but im pretty sure the exam is the most important thing (??)
Im doing maths f.maths physcis and econ... wbu?

Another STEM person :smile:

I do Maths, History, History of Art and Philosophy and Theology
The example papers that they sent us for maths was a bit easy tho... I hope that wasn't a trick done on purpose

Exam in a week! Have to pray extra hard now.
Hii the maths paper was so trippy cause I feel like they are going to give us something much harder and are building false confidence lol, apparently though it’s mostly hard time wise so I think it’s mostly making sure you have accuracy while being quick (knowing me that’ll me I’ll make so many silly mistakes lol). Honestly I think your selling yourself short (not everyone has like diplomas in three different instrument lol) but also I think they just genuinely search for people who are passionate and will be a valuable asset to the school community they aren’t looking for 60 people who are all amazing musicians or artist ect they want a diversity so as long as you can sell yourself in what you geniunly love you’ll be fine :smile:
I do Maths History Bio and Econ btw
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Joanna wilson23
Hii the maths paper was so trippy cause I feel like they are going to give us something much harder and are building false confidence lol, apparently though it’s mostly hard time wise so I think it’s mostly making sure you have accuracy while being quick (knowing me that’ll me I’ll make so many silly mistakes lol). Honestly I think your selling yourself short (not everyone has like diplomas in three different instrument lol) but also I think they just genuinely search for people who are passionate and will be a valuable asset to the school community they aren’t looking for 60 people who are all amazing musicians or artist ect they want a diversity so as long as you can sell yourself in what you geniunly love you’ll be fine :smile:
I do Maths History Bio and Econ btw

FYI the sample papers are last years paper and the year before’s so it’s not gonna be harder than this (for normal maths). Good luck!
Original post by HT001
Another STEM person :smile:

I do Maths, History, History of Art and Philosophy and Theology
The example papers that they sent us for maths was a bit easy tho... I hope that wasn't a trick done on purpose

Exam in a week! Have to pray extra hard now.

Easy? Good for you ig
Original post by Anonymous_369
FYI the sample papers are last years paper and the year before’s so it’s not gonna be harder than this (for normal maths). Good luck!

Oh tysm that’s really useful, btw good luck to everyone on this thread!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Hii who else just did english econ and history? what did you think of those papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending