The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

My Visit to MMU...

Well what a Uni,

Visited today and got there for 12 before speaking to some History staff. The course sounded very interesting.

From what I could see some of the University of Manchester buildings were right next door to MMU. We got a cab from the station but we walked it on the way back. We did not realise how walkable it was.

There were loads of Bars/Clubs right on the edge of the Campus as well as takeaways and food shops. We walked into the city centre that took about 5-10 minutes.

The place is buzzing. Oxford Road was just like a Student Only area. 24 Hour buses run from the city through there and it seemed really safe.

4 of the Halls of Residence are on the Campus : Briarfields, Oxford Court, Cambridge & Cavendish.

We had a look around Cambridge and it seemed really nice. All the students there were very helpful.

Would give the Uni a good 9/10 maybe 10/10 from what I saw. This is definately my first choice now.
Were you there for the politics openday? What building were you in? Might have seen you...
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
No I was there to see the History Admissions Tutor as I couldnt make the open Day in March or the one in June. I was in the Geoffrey Manton Building then got a guided tour around the Halls.
Ahh, still the same building as me then! Was wandering around too, but i'm already a student :biggrin:
Ive just done my first year of history at MMU and it was great. Really interesting and the staff are really great. if you want to know anything just give me a PM.
Reply 5
Hello there. I too visited MMU's open day yesterday. I was going as part of the Combined Honours Programme to see the English & Politics courses. It was my first time in Manchester, and I absolutely loved it. All in all, I was very impressed with the university.

Latest

Trending

Trending