The Student Room Group

What is the best degree to get a 2:2 in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelawstudent
not a good a idea to get a 2.2 in Law
I didn't really have law in mind. It was more things like nursing and teaching.
Original post by Spence_LJS
I definitely didn't neg you and yeah, I don't think your first post really called for that many!

The employment prospects are okay and if it's something you want to do, then definitely don't let it put you off. You just have to be willing to relocate, is what I understand, and look for employment not just within the NHS but in the private sector, too. The demand is always going to be there, so if you're dedicated and committed enough, then you'll find a job. It's just unlikely to be easy, but what is?

Cheers for the advice!

Atm I'm looking to begin a SCITT PGCE in secondary maths but SLT is something I'm looking to go into if it doesn't work out or maybe as a later career after secondary school teaching for a few years. Do you know of any postgrad options? I'd rather not do another 4 year course having already done a bachelors in maths.
Reply 22
Original post by Dagnabbit
Cheers for the advice!

Atm I'm looking to begin a SCITT PGCE in secondary maths but SLT is something I'm looking to go into if it doesn't work out or maybe as a later career after secondary school teaching for a few years. Do you know of any postgrad options? I'd rather not do another 4 year course having already done a bachelors in maths.

I've already done an English degree and I'm doing the undergrad route again haha - yes, I'm insane.

But yeah, there are postgrad courses it's just they're highly competitive (550 applicants to 10 places at Reading, for example). You need really significant work experience and as I only decided last August that I wanted to study SLT, I didn't have enough time get as much as I needed... hence the BSc route, but I'm okay with that :smile:

Experience teaching will help you definitely, but you'd also need experience with other potential client groups (the elderly, people with learning difficulties, nursery age kids, people who have had a stroke or brain tumour etc...).

Funding for an SLT degree is amazing, by the way; at the moment the NHS pay all tuition fees and you get a £1,000 grant and bursary of up to £2,591. It really helps if you've already got the debt from a first degree.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by omotoke
I got a 2.2 in my second year worth 40%
3rd year is worth 20%
4th year worth 40%
can i still get a 1st ?

Depends how low the 2:2 was? You could technically, but you'd need to average high firsts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending