The Student Room Group

Aston, Exeter or Loughborough?

Hello everyone, I am new at the forum.

I graduated from Bilkent University in Turkey and currently I applied 3 of the universities. For aston, the department that I applied is Finance and Investmen. For Exeter Financial Economics and for Lboro Finance and Economics. My undergrad is economics and I am good at it.

After post grad I would like to stay at UK and work for finance sector.

Which of these universities can help me to catch up my dreams?
Reply 1
sup, here to help. why did you apply to those universities? if you are so good at economics, as you claim, you should apply to so called 'target' universities in the UK. the one's you have listed are sadly not targets. aim higher if you can:
Oxford, cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL, Warwick. otherwise look at Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by drugs
sup, here to help. why did you apply to those universities? if you are so good at economics, as you claim, you should apply to so called 'target' universities in the UK. the one's you have listed are sadly not targets. aim higher if you can:
Oxford, cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL, Warwick. otherwise look at Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Bristol

Thank you for your answer mate,

I got some difficulty related to finance background cuz in my university, we learned pure econ&math theory. I was late for most of them due to dilemma for USA or UK. For the search that i made, Aston seems better for employment. I withdrawed Lancaster's offer. Edinburg's program was full, and I didnt take gmat. Among the 3, which one is the best for future career in finance?
Reply 3
I don't know much about Aston. Don't know much about Lboro. I suppose that can't be a good thing. Exeter is heavily targeted by big the 4 firms and also although not to the same extent for back office investment banking functions as well as commercial banking. With respect to investment banking amongst exeter kids, two of my friends there are doing Operations at JPM and RBS respectively, another is working in M&A at a french boutique, another is doing risk management at BarCap, and one is a management trainee at lloyds. I'd say exeter is the strongest in your list.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending