The Student Room Group

Ucas applicant 2023

I’m a year 13 student with predicted ABB, A in a level business, B in DipFS and a B in a level maths. I want to apply for a mathematics and finance degree or related but my maths predicted grade is lower than an A. I have a slightly possibility of being predicted an A, would it be worth applying to a mathematics and finance degree or should I stick to applying to an accounting and finance which doesn’t require the A in maths as it would be less risky. I was looking at universities such as, Loughborough university, university of Leicester, Aston University and University of Nottingham. Thank you.
Pick up the phone and speak to the universities that you’re considering about your qualifications and predictions (and whether you think you can exceed them). If they encourage you to apply for maths then go for it - they won’t encourage applications if there’s no chance of an offer
Original post by brownboy2006
I’m a year 13 student with predicted ABB, A in a level business, B in DipFS and a B in a level maths. I want to apply for a mathematics and finance degree or related but my maths predicted grade is lower than an A. I have a slightly possibility of being predicted an A, would it be worth applying to a mathematics and finance degree or should I stick to applying to an accounting and finance which doesn’t require the A in maths as it would be less risky. I was looking at universities such as, Loughborough university, university of Leicester, Aston University and University of Nottingham. Thank you.

Hi there,

Glad to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I would recommend looking at our study page and looking at the specific entry requirements for the different courses that interest you. There are also specific contact details at the bottom of each course page if you want further guidance.

I would also recommend contacting our admissions team if you require further support and guidance.

I have just finished my second year at Loughborough so if you have any questions about Loughborough in general I am more than happy to help:smile:

Alex
Original post by brownboy2006

Hi @brownboy2006

Happy to hear you are considering University of Leicester!

For our mathametics course and Finance course, the entry requirements is ABB including a maths A-level. So do not worry if your predicted grade for maths is a B and not an A.

There are many more mathametics related courses offered at UOL so please do take a look on our website.

Best of luck with your application! :smile:

Sumayyah
(UK Student Recruitment Assistant)
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending