The Student Room Group

2:2 in second year is there any chance of a 2:1?

I have got a 2:2 in second year (52%) as one very bad mark seemed to drag the others down. I am able to re-sit the module I failed so should come out with around 55%.

Is it possible to get a 2:1 in third and final year?

I am studying a Law course where 2nd year counts for 25% and 3rd year 75%.

Tutors haven't been very helpful just advised me to continue with study!

Yes it's possible, you'd need to average a little under 63% in your final year modules.
Yes, but give up alcohol, don't go out unless it's to the gym or lectures, work hard, cut ties with time wasters, and again work hard.
Don't know if it is the same for you or not, but 2nd year only counts as 30% of our over all degree, and if we do better in 3rd year than we did in 2nd they just take 100% of your 3rd year work.
Reply 4
Original post by pinkribbon13
I have got a 2:2 in second year (52%) as one very bad mark seemed to drag the others down. I am able to re-sit the module I failed so should come out with around 55%.

Is it possible to get a 2:1 in third and final year?

I am studying a Law course where 2nd year counts for 25% and 3rd year 75%.

Tutors haven't been very helpful just advised me to continue with study!

It's possible but as people have said, you need to focus.

I was in the same position as you, I had 51% in second year. My university was at 40% for second year and 60% for final year. But i only achieved 60% for third year so marginally missed out.

If I were you, I'd have a huge think, if I had the opportunity, I would've looked at doing second year elsewhere.

If you do look to go on, make sure you choose easy modules. If the majority of the modules are double credits (30) you should have no problem at all achieving a 2:1.

All mine were 15 credits bar one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah it's possible. If it's only one bad mark that dragged them down, then avoid any module linked rometely to the one you got the bad grade in, and you should be fine. Seeing as it's only 25%, it shouldn't be too difficult if you put the effort in.
Yeah you can, I averaged a 2:2 in the first three years of uni and still came out with a 2:1. I did have reasons for screwing up in second year though and I aced my final year exams. Good luck!
Original post by RollandGarros
Yes, but give up alcohol, don't go out unless it's to the gym or lectures, work hard, cut ties with time wasters, and again work hard.

This is somewhat extreme, you can't even go out to go to the shops by your own rules >_>

I got a 2:2 for my first 2 years and got a 2:1 for my final year (and overall grade), so it's definitely doable, just do little things like attending all lectures, start assignments the moment you're given them, not the night before, do proper revision and not just skimming notes before exams etc, I'm sure you can easily pull it back in the end, it's possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending