The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 07/08/2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheFOMaster
Reply with "actually... I got C4447777.... :frown:" The sad face will seal the deal! When you go to school and do Highers, say you begged them to let you in. Then they'll expect you to fail your Highers then BOOM AAAAA. But you won't be annoyed.

Ingenious.
Original post by sinfonietta
Think I might do something creative to pass a few hours but I'm not sure what.

You should order one of the Kraft scrapbooks off paper chase! if you have lots of photos/tickets etc that you like to keep, they make a gorgeous place to keep them! I like to splatter paint that matches the pictures in the photos on white paper, stick that in as a background and do it that way. It's much more fun to make your own papers/embellishments than to buy them, and it'll keep you busy until results day! :tongue:
Reply 582
Last year I got an email confirming my email address was correct etc., has anybody had that this year yet? :s-smilie:
Original post by ZeeAli
oh man, i am soo nervous! im waiting for my english i really need a certain grade to get into uni! its soo stressful!im freaking out lol wbu ?

Hey! I also have a conditional for Strathclyde University to do the BEd Primary Education. Actually freaking out :frown:
Original post by sarzed
Last year I got an email confirming my email address was correct etc., has anybody had that this year yet? :s-smilie:

you wont get another one unless you changed your emaill.. :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by freedom123
you wont get another one unless you changed your emaill.. :smile:

Thaaaaank you :smile:
Reply 586
In standard grade English what would your final grade be if your results were:

Talk - 1

Reading - 2

Writing - 3

An overall two as each segment is worth a third of your final grade?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by BigChimp

Talk - 1

Reading - 2

Writing - 3

Yes an overall 2. However at my school they discount your speaking grade, as its not part of the Higher course (I think, we do solo talks, but they don't mean anything IIRC) So at my school you'd be advised - but not required - to do intermediate 2.
Reply 588
Original post by BigChimp

Talk - 1

Reading - 2

Writing - 3

Thats exactly what I think I got. However if you get a 3 in writing in my school you are not allowed to do Higher. PS that gives an overall 2.
Original post by TheAdequateGatsby
Can I just ask, how did getting the class prizes help you get an unconditional? Did you mention it on your PS, or did a teacher put it on your reference? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S

Personal Statement :-)
Reply 590
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'd say there's about 150 in my school who done Higher Maths last year. Taking the 70/60/50 boundary's, only about 3 people in the top Higher Maths class got an A in there prelim. The rest were B/C's in that class. No one in the other classes got an A. I'd say, maybe about 40 B's in total. The paper was supposedly "hard" (it was typical) I think the course is just difficult, since it has a large jump from the level before.

I never got Higher than 18/25 for an Int.2 English essay, with most being 10/12 out of 25. Higher's gonna kill me :frown:

Accidnetal neg sorry, meant to give you the positive one cos I was the same at higher. Gt a B in the end tho so you've more than a good chance of doing well
Original post by laurenmckay
You should order one of the Kraft scrapbooks off paper chase! if you have lots of photos/tickets etc that you like to keep, they make a gorgeous place to keep them! I like to splatter paint that matches the pictures in the photos on white paper, stick that in as a background and do it that way. It's much more fun to make your own papers/embellishments than to buy them, and it'll keep you busy until results day! :tongue:

That's a good idea! I've been collecting tickets from events for the past three years and they just live in a shoebox under my bed. :tongue:

I went with nail art instead for today. The result is terrible but it helped three hours to just fly by. ^^

Spoiler

Original post by cgraham15
Personal Statement :-)

So how did you fit it in and relate it to Law? Sorry for being nosey, it's just I'm a Law hopeful and I've won a lot of class prizes but didn't realise you could mention them in a PS. :tongue:
Original post by TheAdequateGatsby
So how did you fit it in and relate it to Law? Sorry for being nosey, it's just I'm a Law hopeful and I've won a lot of class prizes but didn't realise you could mention them in a PS. :tongue:

I wouldn't mention class prizes in your PS. If you want admissions to know it, get your referee to put it in the reference, it's not got much to do with the PS.
Original post by sinfonietta
That's a good idea! I've been collecting tickets from events for the past three years and they just live in a shoebox under my bed. :tongue:

I went with nail art instead for today. The result is terrible but it helped three hours to just fly by. ^^

Spoiler

it's great, and such a pretty way to display them! plus it keeps them safe.

and awh, they're gorgeous! I wish I could do that, but they're so teeny haha!
See if you phone up your school on the 7th after getting results, are they allowed to tell your the bands and marks etc ?
Original post by S119234
See if you phone up your school on the 7th after getting results, are they allowed to tell your the bands and marks etc ?

Yeah i dont see why not! Theres no rules that they cant, its just if there willing to.. cause it will take time to find out and they may be crabby and say no, i know my school would so I am going in when there back..
So I just went to the trouble of organising an afternoon of football for tomorrow...then the torrential rain hits and the parks are water-logged. ****.
Reply 598
Best Scenario : AAABC
Worst Scenario: BBCDD.

I honestly don't know which it could be. Very anxious!
Advanced Maths
Best case: B
Worst case: C
(I need a B though)

Higher English
Best case: B
Worst case: Fail

Higher Economics and Accounts are both A's, I'm pretty much certain of that, but my highers are irrelivant, it's just that maths grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending