The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 07/08/2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xShadeFatex
Where did you study? :O

I was due to take the A level exam last year, but I missed the sign up date so my school (based in Stow College xD) asked for three times the price to apply for the exam.

I am glad I didn't have to take it though :biggrin:

I went to Stow aswell :smile:
Did you happen to go to the Stow College one? :O

And if so, who was your teacher?!

No, I didn't I went to another one, St Thomas Aquinas, it's based in Glasgow. I'm disappointed cause I got A's in the first two papers and then an E in my last one :O !
Original post by animelover123
I went to Stow aswell :smile:

Oh o.O Does CK still take the 11th class? :P

Original post by Airess3
No, I didn't I went to another one, St Thomas Aquinas, it's based in Glasgow. I'm disappointed cause I got A's in the first two papers and then an E in my last one :O !

Not heard of that one. My friend's mother apparently runs the other Chinese school in Glasgow, but not sure if it's the same one :P

If you have a female headteacher, it probably is.

A level Chinese is so hard D: and I was supposed to be "good" at it as well. What topic(s) did you guys do for the R-BE D:?
Oh o.O Does CK still take the 11th class? :P

Not heard of that one. My friend's mother apparently runs the other Chinese school in Glasgow, but not sure if it's the same one :P

If you have a female headteacher, it probably is.

A level Chinese is so hard D: and I was supposed to be "good" at it as well. What topic(s) did you guys do for the R-BE D:?

Yep, he's pretty rubbish, doesn't help you or anything. :mad: Have you had him before?
Reply 1644
Original post by Airess3

I go to st thomas aqauinas aswell, :smile: What reg class you in?
Original post by animelover123
Yep, he's pretty rubbish, doesn't help you or anything. :mad: Have you had him before?

Yeah, he said he was going to stop helping students so much :/

Mind you, his help wasn't really that helpful. I handed in over 10 versions of my R-BE for him to tell me they were all crap. :mad:

He is funny though. He swears a lot too xD Apparently he's thinking of teaching lower school first year pupils though :s-smilie:

I liked him just because he didn't mind us doing h/w and talking in class :smile:
Original post by JoeHent1995
Has anyone seen Higher English let them down in that they didn't get their prediction ? The subjectivity of the marking is ridiculous !

Yeah, I got As in all 3 (yes, three) prelims I done but got a low B in the exam (3 marks above a C). I also had good marks for the folio and apparently it was my close reading that let me down even though I found that the easiest
Original post by anthonyfl
For my higher English discursive essay I'm going to do a topic which isn't very controversial! As there was one on benefit cheats which nearly got an A (19/25) but some labour party markers were genuinely wanting to fail it, saying it was outrageous. So it's best not to do something like that I suppose

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh dear, mines was about leaving the European union and I properly slagged the Tories off too. I don't think anyone would be pleased with that.
Reply 1648
Bit late but I got into my adult nursing course

Higher Admin:B
Higher English:B
Higher History:B
Higher Biology: D
Int 2 psychology:A

Bit annoyed about biology but can't be helped..and going to uni woo!
Original post by closey95
Oh dear, mines was about leaving the European union and I properly slagged the Tories off too. I don't think anyone would be pleased with that.

I did my discursive on Scottish national identity and independence, and went pretty far with the caricaturing and tongue-in-cheek insults. I was worried it was a gamble but got full marks in my folio, so either I got lucky and got a Unionist marker or the SQA are reasonably impartial.
Original post by JackE5
I go to st thomas aqauinas aswell, :smile: What reg class you in?

I've just graduated from there :smile:.
Reply 1651
Original post by RyJ
Got mine!

Adv Physics: A
Higher Maths: A
Higher Chemistry: A
Higher Graphics: B

Got a surprise appeal, so it's now AAAA :biggrin:
Original post by RyJ
Got a surprise appeal, so it's now AAAA :biggrin:

Good news! :yy:
Congrats!
Reply 1653
Original post by Ecosse_14
Good news! :yy:
Congrats!

Haha, thanks! It was great news, really was a surprise! It didn't make any difference really, since I'm already in the course I wanted to do. It just made it that little bit sweeter :tongue:

Moral of the story: don't piss about with your prelims. I learned that the hard way in fifth year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending