The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Studying at Grande Parade but halls in Falmer

Yeah, Paddock Fields at Falmer was my 3rd choice on the application because it's so far away from Grande Parade. Just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation or any advice on if it's worth the distance just to be able to stay in halls.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi

Sorry I know you posted this a long time ago but I was just wondering how it went for you? I'm in the same position this year.

Thanks

Amy
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Lol, I only posted this a week ago :smile:
There should be a fair number of direct buses from the main campus through to Grande Parade. The Number 25 will be the main one and I think still runs up to every 10 minutes during the day.

It could probably take 20-25 minutes to get between the two places, depending on time of day and how busy the bus is. I wasn't at Brighton or Sussex Uni, but I used to do a similar journey quite often, from not quite as far as Falmer to a bit beyond Grande parade and that didn't see too long at all.

So I guess it would depend on how much you want to stay in halls and what the alternatives are. For me, I'd want to stay in halls, but not everyone would think it a big deal.
Reply 4
Oh sorry Telia2 I got mixed up with your join date and posted date haha

Ah thanks for advice PK, big help! I don'f mind travelling too much so 25 minutes on the bus seems okay. Seems worth it to stay in halls.
Reply 5
The halls at Falmer are pretty nice. The buses are about every ten minutes I think and they run 24 hours, and the ride is actually not bad.
It wont be a problem. Buses in Brighton are good. And lots of students are travelling all the city all the time. Dont worry about it.
Reply 7
It's not that far really, I think it'd be worth it, especially because Paddock Fields are really nice halls!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending