The Student Room Group

which uni to choose for Conversing course

Hi everyone,

I am really confused as I have 5 offers in doing a conversion course in Psychology from Leeds Met, Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, Plymouth Uni, Bradford Uni.. :confused:
Don't know what to choose and as I come from far away I've got zero experience in living in the UK.. I would really much appreciate some help as I have to decide within the next few days!!!!!
Any ideas where to go???:smile::smile:
Take a look at the university websites, the complete university guide (has rankings for individual subjects like psychology) to see student satisfaction ratings, have a look at the pages for each university on TSR.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply :smile: I am searching through the websites and really like MMU's programme but they keep telling me that it is not a good option and it has zero reputation and i will stand no chance for Master offers in a good uni afterwards.. Plymouth is fine as well but I think is wuite expensive :/:frown:
Original post by anduka
Thanks for the reply :smile: I am searching through the websites and really like MMU's programme but they keep telling me that it is not a good option and it has zero reputation and i will stand no chance for Master offers in a good uni afterwards.. Plymouth is fine as well but I think is wuite expensive :/:frown:

Non are that good but Plymouth, by reputation, is the best by far.
Original post by anduka

The reputation of them all is very similar to be honest, so just choose the place where you'd most like to live (google maps, streetview, websites etc. if you can't visit). Sheffield is a nice place - epic shopping centre (Meadow hall) if you're into that kinda thing :smile:
Reply 5
Well as I come from far away as I've said I would like to be in a place in which I can easily fit on, not so expensive because I receive no loans and not that difficult to reach...
Does anyone here has a personal experience from these unis or cities?:confused:
Reply 6
Original post by Calllu-m
Non are that good but Plymouth, by reputation, is the best by far.

Sadly I didn't have many choices because doing a conversing course recognised by BPS is only offered by few universities :frown:
Reply 7
Hi,

I am in exact same position - which one did you decide...

I have narrowed to Leeds Met or SHU.... but just cannot make up!!!!
Original post by anduka

Whoever told you that is incorrect; plenty of people have gone on to Masters programmes at top universities who studied their undergrad/conversion courses at MMU. As long as you pass the course it's pretty irrelevant where you studied.

Quick Reply

Latest