The Student Room Group

About comparison of a university program

I got accepted into QMUL for the psychology conversion program. It is not BPS accredited. Can someone guide me if it's worth it or a total waste of time and money? I would like the person who already did the course to provide their opinion, did they any difficulties afterwards
Reply 1
Hi, QMUL is a Russel group uni but the psychology conversion MSc course is not BPS accredited. I spoke to a lecturer that is about to teach this course and he said it may be but not sure as of yet.

I would advise not to apply and look for other accredited unis for the same course.

This is your future so choose wisely. What do you want to be when you finish the course? That is a question to ask and why are you applying in the first place?
What is your drive? do want to inspire others and help them?

Find the WHY and then find the right uni. Look for the modules since they may all be the same psychology conversion MSc course but modules might differ. Check if it is 180 credits. Does the modules align with your future?

Without BPS accreditation, you cannot be a psychologist or the choice to become one will not be an option in the future so choose wisely.
Original post by Tehreem R
I got accepted into QMUL for the psychology conversion program. It is not BPS accredited. Can someone guide me if it's worth it or a total waste of time and money? I would like the person who already did the course to provide their opinion, did they any difficulties afterwards

@Tehreem R
Hi, I've completed an MSc Psychology (conversion) and BPS accreditation is important for career progression. Have you considered studying at Arden University where I did? They are blended learning options in Manchester, London, Leeds, and Birmingham or a 100% online option. Both the BSc and MSc are BPS accredited

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Hi @Tehreem R!

I just thought I'd add in about the importance of BPS accreditation, and what it can mean for you as a graduate. If you are wanting to pursue a career in Psychology following your graduation, BPS accreditation is considered necessary. Completing a BPS accredited course also makes you eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society. So, BPS accreditation is very important - specifically if you want to go into Psychology after your degree. If you don't want to go into Psychology, it may not be as important to you. The BPS have some great information on their website about accreditation too, which you might find helpful.

~ Cathryn (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest