The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Would it be at all useful for you guys who are trying for Oxbridge for 07 if there was some kind of History rejections thread from previous years because there's I think a lot to learn from people who aren't successful as who are?
Reply 81
I was rejected from Clare, Camb after interview - feel free to private message me if you want to know anything. I looked at several colleges so I'll give you my opinions from what I've seen!
Reply 82
Trinity Hall is placed fourth for history in the University.
how do you know that, is that a departmental table/college table/whatever/overall? where is it???
Reply 84
I was very much pondering upon the same question as Darkenergy. However, he might have had access to some league table within the administration?
Reply 85
At the moment, I'm inclined towards History and Politics though I perhaps have more confidence in my abilities as a student of politics than of history.

I definitely want to apply to Oxford (unless my fondness for Cambridge wins out & I end up going for single honours History there; the antidote to my love for Cambridge is probably visiting Oxford, to be honest), Warwick and York (grades willing, of course) and I am fairly certain that I'll also apply to Durham.

It's cheaper if I go to uni in Wales so I might apply to Cardiff/Aberystwyth too (though I suspect I'll have to learn to spell Aber if I opt to apply there).

I love a lot of the London universities but I worry about living costs so I'm not really all that keen on applying to LSE, SOAS or anywhere like that. I'd apply to Bristol if they offered joint honours but, alas, it is only single honours in History and Politics that they offer. I also like a few of the Scottish unis but the distance from home puts me off a little bit too.

I've noticed that Nottingham features pretty highly on everyone's lists but I can't say I've ever really considered it before. Aside from what the prospectus says, what's it like?

I am also somewhat inclined towards UEA's American History with Politics course (V2L2) but I'd be lying if I said that my main motivation wasn't the year you can possibly spend at Georgetown.

Where do you recommend for History & Politics?
WokSz
I was very much pondering upon the same question as Darkenergy. However, he might have had access to some league table within the administration?

Yeah, we can get access to them...I'm trying to get hold of it before we leave for people who are interested but so far haven't had much success. I'll email my DoS for it at some point over the summer if I can't find it myself. :smile:
Reply 87
White_redrose
Yeah, we can get access to them...I'm trying to get hold of it before we leave for people who are interested but so far haven't had much success. I'll email my DoS for it at some point over the summer if I can't find it myself. :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 88
I dunno if i'm applying to oxford or not but, if I do and don't list:

oxford

edinburgh
UCL
KCL
newcastle
cardiff
leicester

for history 2007/8

Latest