The Student Room Group

The Facebook Intensity Scale (2007). I am struggling to score it!

For my research project, I used the Facebook Intensity Scale (Ellison, N. B., Steinfield, C., & Lampe, C., 2007). The scale consists of 8 items, 6 of which are measured on a Likert Scale. However, the last two items was asked qualitatively, meaning I now have to transform it to ordinal data and as a result, I'm struggling to score it.

Has anyone used this in their research before? Can anyone tell me the cut-off score for the scale as it does not appear to be clear.
Did you ever figure it out? I'm using it for my research project this year and I can't figure it out either!

Original post by dlja
For my research project, I used the Facebook Intensity Scale (Ellison, N. B., Steinfield, C., & Lampe, C., 2007). The scale consists of 8 items, 6 of which are measured on a Likert Scale. However, the last two items was asked qualitatively, meaning I now have to transform it to ordinal data and as a result, I'm struggling to score it.

Has anyone used this in their research before? Can anyone tell me the cut-off score for the scale as it does not appear to be clear.
Reply 2
Original post by dlja

Hello! We are now currently using it for our research paper, Did you ever figure it out? We badly need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending