The Student Room Group

Access Course English Lit & History

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here studied the Access Course in English Lit and History last year at BMC?

I am hoping for some info on the timetable for the full time option, is it pretty much 5 days a week? My work are going nuts because I can't tell them when I can work and BMC are..... 'relaxed' when it comes to such information.

Any info would be very much appreciated!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Incredible S
I did it 2 years ago full time, when it was in college square east so before it moved to millfield which means the timetable might have had to change to suit room availability there. From memory you had 6 hours english, 6 hours history, 1 hour study skills, 1 hour ICT, 1 hr tutorial (but this only lasted until christmas at most until your ucas app was submitted) & 3 hours for your extra module. I think my timetable was something like:

monday - english 9-11, ict 12-1, history 1-3, tutorial 3-4
tuesday - english 9-11, study skills 12-1, history 1-3
wednesday - extra module 9-12, english 1-3, history 3-5

Not all modules were a wednesday morning, I think my one was the only one that was which was maths. even though I already had maths I did this so I had thur & fri off, other modules were thur/fri and also evenings. My tip is do maths (esp if u r good at it), it's the easiest module and counts for 1/5th of your mark (eng & hist are 2/5ths each).

If you put the work in you'll do well, if you need any help, don't hesitate to give me a shout.
Reply 2
Thanks so much for the detailed info!

Hopefully my timetable is similar to the one you had, that would be perfect. Did you start at the end of September and did you take the Spanish module as well? I am keen to learn a language but worried that the work load would be too much.

Thanks again for getting back, it is greatly appreciated.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Incredible S
I didn't do Spanish, I did maths ... I didn;t realise your extra module counted towards your mark so just picked maths as it was the only module on a Wednesday morning so it suited but I'm glad I did it as it's the easiest module. So, bear this in mind when picking your module, pick one you think will get you the best mark, maybe not just because it would be nice to study. I started end of September and it flew in so enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending