The Student Room Group

General Olympics Thread MKII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingMessi
I find it hugely compelling to watch, but I've never really watched it before so I'm a bit of a sporting dilettante. The NBA appeals to me - I think I've just become a victim of the football saturation in our country. I certainly will attempt to vary my viewing after the Olympics, time permitting.

Well, this is the issue. I have loved watching the basketball but I don't really like it enough to stay up until three or four, especially when I'm at university - it just shan't be feasible. It's a shame.

Original post by lilabs
I used to be the same with hockey! Not so much now, I get really bad dark circles if I do it too much!:tongue:

Nice idea :smile: You meant it though, deep down.

Yeah ive sacrificed a lot in terms of sleep and school sometimes just to watch my team but to see them win is a huge sense of happiness that after all that long nights they've won where as one of my teams the Patriots lost in the superbowl final and i was close to tears and was just depressed when they lost much like 2007 when they went unbeaten only to lose due to a lucky catch at the end. Sometimes its worth it other times you think it was a waste :tongue:
Original post by stefl14
QFT. I get so bored of Messi vs Ronaldo debates it's unreal (same with Pac vs Mayweather debates if you follow boxing). Fanboys will never be convinced by the arguments of the fanboys of the other athlete. Just appreciate the greatness of both!

'QFT'? Sorry, it's an abbreviation I'm not familiar with. There's a thirty to forty page thread regarding Messi v Ronaldo on here, and some of the arguments are just so tiresome. I wish people would realise that it's an inherently subjective business; yes, I prefer Messi but - as you so rightly say - appreciate Ronaldo's greatness, because he's such a talented player. In all honesty, we should be doing the same with Ennis, Wiggins, Murray and Farah.
Reply 182
Original post by simibean
The end is very close for the 2012 olympics, I will miss it greatly :frown:

Couldn't agree more. It should have been longer. It has been soooooo much better than I expected

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Who is going to the Paralympics? I am!! :biggrin:
Reply 184
'QFT'? Sorry, it's an abbreviation I'm not familiar with. There's a thirty to forty page thread regarding Messi v Ronaldo on here, and some of the arguments are just so tiresome. I wish people would realise that it's an inherently subjective business; yes, I prefer Messi but - as you so rightly say - appreciate Ronaldo's greatness, because he's such a talented player. In all honesty, we should be doing the same with Ennis, Wiggins, Murray and Farah.

QFT again!!!!!!!!!!! (quoted for truth)
Original post by lilabs
I agree, I do think it's the best photo of the Olympics :biggrin: But I'm sure for some people that photo of all Ennis and Thompson and er... that other girl, will get the vote for some!

Louise Hazel. :tongue:

Original post by johnharris19944
Yeah ive sacrificed a lot in terms of sleep and school sometimes just to watch my team but to see them win is a huge sense of happiness that after all that long nights they've won where as one of my teams the Patriots lost in the superbowl final and i was close to tears and was just depressed when they lost much like 2007 when they went unbeaten only to lose due to a lucky catch at the end. Sometimes its worth it other times you think it was a waste :tongue:

I know what you mean - and that's just from staying up late to watch Chelsea's pre-season US friendlies. It does seem like a waste of time sometimes, but then again one can see moments that make it all worthwhile.
Reply 186
'QFT'? Sorry, it's an abbreviation I'm not familiar with.

quoted for truth. :fyi:
Original post by stefl14
QFT again!!!!!!!!!!! (quoted for truth)

Ah, okay. Well, in that case, thank you. :smile:

Original post by Peggles_*

Not me, unfortunately. :erm:

Original post by BJack
quoted for truth. :fyi:

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Id and Ego seek
There should be a society devoted to Daley's bum and crotch :sexface:

Sorry, what crotch?
Reply 189
Original post by Peggles_*

I am aswell :smile:
Original post by Ned's Bastard
Sorry, what crotch?

Louise Hazel. :tongue:

I know what you mean - and that's just from staying up late to watch Chelsea's pre-season US friendlies. It does seem like a waste of time sometimes, but then again one can see moments that make it all worthwhile.

Indeed it can sometimes you gotta take that risk haha :tongue:

Your sig is the bane of my life. There I am in a library, at home, with company, casually scrolling down TSR and bham naked jiggling booby woman appears and they're all like "WTF." :rofl:
Reply 193
x

Hahaha! I'm not really a fan of Daley...
Screen-shot-2012-03-16-at-10.56.44-AM.jpg
Intersting though. :holmes:
Reply 194
Original post by spacepirate-James
Your sig is the bane of my life. There I am in a library, at home, with company, casually scrolling down TSR and bham naked jiggling booby woman appears and they're all like "WTF." :rofl:

Hahahaha, my little brother walked past once when I was looking at it, and he just said look Ab, BOOOBIESSSS!

Scowl at me again. Scowl at me again. I dare you. I double-dare you, mother****er. Scowl at me one more goddamn time.
Scowl at me again. Scowl at me again. I dare you. I double-dare you, mother****er. Scowl at me one more goddamn time.

Oh snap; *snap* *snap* *snap*
z-shape, bitch!

Oh snap; *snap* *snap* *snap*
z-shape, bitch!

[video="youtube;MRgycth3tGk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRgycth3tGk[/video]
[video="youtube;MRgycth3tGk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRgycth3tGk[/video]

Haha :teehee:
Original post by Woffles
The Chinese team put almost excessive amounts of pressure on their athletes plus he lost by a very small margin (less than a point I think) and he was also the favourite for the event. His reactions were understandable, but an olympic silver medal is nothing to be sniffed at.

Oh I didn't know it was less than a point. I actually thought he got the bronze at first because Tom was celebrating in the water and they hadn't mentioned what medal he'd gotten yet. Silver is brilliant still , he be good for the next olympics and he might get that gold.

Quick Reply

Latest