The Student Room Group

TSR German Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niv1234
Thanks, I need to learn that for my exams.
Oh do you live in Germany now?

I am living in Germany since my birth, have been to another countries very rarely.

Original post by Tini Vogel
Hey, I'm from Germany as well and would like to study in England next year!

Good luck for studying in England.

Du kannst ruhig deutsch in diesem Forum sprechen.
Original post by Kallisto
I am living in Germany since my birth, have been to another countries very rarely.

Good luck for studying in England.

Du kannst ruhig deutsch in diesem Forum sprechen.

Thats nice I moved to London when I was 6 but I go to Germany in the holidays to visit my relatives. Whereabouts in Germany are you from?
Original post by niv1234
Thats nice I moved to London when I was 6 but I go to Germany in the holidays to visit my relatives. Whereabouts in Germany are you from?

In the north of it. Does your relatives have British or German or even British-German roots?
In the north of it. Does your relatives have British or German or even British-German roots?

I used to live in North Rhine Westphalia near Aachen. No I am from Sri Lanka, I speak Tamil. Are you native German?
Original post by niv1234
I used to live in North Rhine Westphalia near Aachen. No I am from Sri Lanka, I speak Tamil. Are you native German?

Yes, I am. And I don't have any reasons to change my nationality, if I decide to live abroad one day.
Yes, I am. And I don't have any reasons to change my nationality, if I decide to live abroad one day.

I have a German nationality too so its kind of embarrassing that my German is awful. I went to kindergarten in Germany but I can't really remember much sadly. I am learning German now. If you don't mind me asking what are you studying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by niv1234
I have a German nationality too so its kind of embarrassing that my German is awful. I went to kindergarten in Germany but I can't really remember much sadly. I am learning German now. If you don't mind me asking what are you studying?

Nothing, doing an apprenticeship in Germany instead. That is an alternative to people who are not willing to study - so am I.
Nothing, doing an apprenticeship in Germany instead. That is an alternative to people who are not willing to study - so am I.

Thats nice, what are you doing an apprenticeship for? I ma just currently doing GCSEs.
Original post by niv1234
Thats nice, what are you doing an apprenticeship for? I ma just currently doing GCSEs.

You are asking many (personal) questions. As I don't know whether I am doing it till the end, it is not so relevant. I guess you are willing to do A-Levels and to study after that, right?
You are asking many (personal) questions. As I don't know whether I am doing it till the end, it is not so relevant. I guess you are willing to do A-Levels and to study after that, right?

I'm sorry, I hope I haven't offended you. Yeah I want to do Alevels and go to university.
Original post by niv1234
I'm sorry, I hope I haven't offended you. Yeah I want to do Alevels and go to university.

No, I am not offended. I thought as much. It is the typical way of life for students to go to school till A-levels first and to study after that. It is very rarely that students doing an apprenticeship in Britain, am I right?
No, I am not offended. I thought as much. It is the typical way of life for students to go to school till A-levels first and to study after that. It is very rarely that students doing an apprenticeship in Britain, am I right?

Some people do apprenticeships after GCSEs but most people here want to go to university or at least do alevels. Do most people do apprenticeships in Germany?
Reply 8332
Hallo!

Vor vielen Jahren konnte ich fast fluessig Deutsch sprechen, aber das ist weg als ich seit ein paar Jahren in England lebe und Deutsch nicht mehr praktiziere.
Ich moechte gern Deutsch sprechen mit jemandem der/die auch die Sprache ueben moechte.
Original post by Anisum
Hallo!

Vor vielen Jahren konnte ich fast fließend Deutsch sprechen, aber das ist weg als ich seit ein paar Jahren in England lebe und Deutsch nicht mehr übe.
Ich moechte gern Deutsch sprechen mit jemandem der/die auch die Sprache ueben moechte.

Ich muss die Sprache zwar nicht als Muttersprachler üben, aber du kannst gerne mit mir vorlieb nehmen. Sieht noch recht solide aus. Mach einfach weiter.

Ich liebe Deutschland, besonders Süddeutschland! :biggrin:
Hallo! Ich bin neu hier und bin halb deutsch halb englisch 😄

Quick Reply

Latest