The Student Room Group

Advice on universities?

Okay, just some context, so I got my AS Level results today. I got straight A's in Business, Economics, Philosophy and Critical Thinking and then a C in Computing (gutting). Cass Business School has entry requirements of AAA and I want to study Banking & International Finance there. I most likely want to go into something Business/Finance/Banking related. I was going to take Business, Economics and Philosophy up to full A-Level.

So, to be honest, Cass is the only Business School I've found which seems to not be bothered and see it as an advantage if you take Business and Economics as separate A-Levels together (I've spoken to Admissions, Recruitment, Course Directors and Students and they've all confirmed this for me). Along with that, I like the uniqueness of the degree there and the content of it. (The course director sent me a very long and detailed specification).

But I basically just wanted people to fire me a list of other good similar universities and degrees they offer for the grades I'm hopefully going to get and for the type of career area I want to go in. Also, please tell me if these universities are very particular in that they don't like Business and Economics together. As well as that, if I have Philosophy alongside it and get an A will the universities that don't like B & E taken together make an exception because I've taken a harder subject alongside? (Assuming I get AAA or above).

I only ask this because I so far only have one option for university and clearly I need more, right? In my little ideal world, I'd like just to go to Cass and that to be the end of it but I need some other options?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending