The Student Room Group

The Filofax Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

what is a filofax flex? is it like 3 in one ??
Reply 381
Original post by SoftMusk
what is a filofax flex? is it like 3 in one ??

It's a cover that holds bound books as opposed to the ring system used by regular filos.

http://www.filofax.co.uk/flex/about.asp
Reply 382
I have a Personal Finchley in purple with cream coloured diary refills.. WHICH I HAVE JUST LEFT AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE 2 HOURS AWAY! -.-
Reply 383
So tempted by a metropol for Uni...
Reply 384
Has anyone found that they get funny looks when they pull out their filofax during class time?
I'v had teachers laugh out loud upon seeing my well loved binder :confused:
Original post by free_hugs
Has anyone found that they get funny looks when they pull out their filofax during class time?
I'v had teachers laugh out loud upon seeing my well loved binder :confused:

Well, at the end of the last academic year I tied up the maths office and threw away nearly a decade of old HoD files and schemes of work. On pulling out my Filo, the three teachers who were in the office laughed at me. Apparently I remind them of 'a young Mr Barton'. He's like the most organised person ever, makes students arrive 10 minutes before lessons begin, that sort of stuff :laugh:

Still, he's running the teacher training there, so I guess I should try to suck up to him :tongue:
Reply 386
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Well, at the end of the last academic year I tied up the maths office and threw away nearly a decade of old HoD files and schemes of work. On pulling out my Filo, the three teachers who were in the office laughed at me. Apparently I remind them of 'a young Mr Barton'. He's like the most organised person ever, makes students arrive 10 minutes before lessons begin, that sort of stuff :laugh:

Still, he's running the teacher training there, so I guess I should try to suck up to him :tongue:

I'd take that as a compliment :P
I work for an accountant part time and as well as being the youngest person in the office, I'm also the only girl and so am constantly teased for my slightly OCD tendencies
Sorry about posting twice, I have no idea how to multi-quote

The snake domino is my all-time favorite lower-end filofax :biggrin:

It just looks so much more expensive than it is :smile: I think the black lining helps tbh. And I never thought I'd like a Domino. Can't wait to move in on Monday (it's my starting uni treat)
Reply 388
Reply 389
Original post by RibenaRockstar
It just looks so much more expensive than it is :smile: I think the black lining helps tbh. And I never thought I'd like a Domino. Can't wait to move in on Monday (it's my starting uni treat)

Congrats on starting uni!!!
There are two types of snake domino apparently, the light version and the dark, the light has a white band and a light interior and its really not as nice.
Reply 390
I customised my filo's dividers with some cool stickers without realising they are 3d so now its going to be so hard to write in :frown: ah well.
wow dominos in personal size are cheap at whsmith...might get one
I'm not keen on dominos :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I got a pocket raspberry or blue Finsbury for my birthday :biggrin: The reason I'm not sure on the colour is that I don't actually have it yet :colondollar: My Uncle bought it for me, but I haven't seen him yet, so I'm not sure which colour he was able to get.

Slightly stressed since I won't see him til 3 days before I leave for uni, which doesn't give me long to sort the inside out. So I will be watching this thread closely for ideas :smile:
Filofax paper is notorious for being rubbish for what you pay, I'd instead spend my money on something else if thats the sort of thing you intend to use it for :smile:

Problem solved, my wonderful Mum went to York and bought me back a little notebook from Paperchase :awesome: It has horses on it :woo:
Just moved into my Domino Snake :biggrin:
Reply 396
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Problem solved, my wonderful Mum went to York and bought me back a little notebook from Paperchase :awesome: It has horses on it :woo:

I love paper chase :ahee:
MY poor mother shakes her head every time I come home with a new notebook or pen, which is quite often considering I live 10 mins away from paperchase, whsmith and staples :colone:
Original post by Sophie1805
I'm not keen on dominos :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

im just not too keen on the elastic band :s-smilie: theres also an a5 metropol zipped on sale :eek:
Original post by SoftMusk
im just not too keen on the elastic band :s-smilie: theres also an a5 metropol zipped on sale :eek:

I received an A5 metropol zip today. It's going straight on eBay :P
Reply 399
Original post by SamahSS
I have a Personal Finchley in purple with cream coloured diary refills.. WHICH I HAVE JUST LEFT AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE 2 HOURS AWAY! -.-

Did you go back to get it? Or maybe have it posted to you?! :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending