The Student Room Group

The Filofax Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joannywhite
I got the cat sticky notes from Accesorize and the pig sticky notea from eBay. There are loads of stickies like that on eBay.
There is a personal size too not just pocket and a5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'll have a look on ebay :smile:

So is the order A5 > Personal size > Pocket size? What size was your one?
Original post by Naami

Yep, I had a pockeck, but I found it to be a bit to small, especially with starting uni (the rings don't hold loads) so I got a new one and after debating poersonal V A5, went with A5. :smile:

There's also mini and A4 I think as well. :tongue:
Original post by Naami

Mine is the personal Saffiano. Someone posted a link to it above. I got it from eBay but it was £19.99 then haha.

There's a slim as well which is a little narrower than the personal :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Naami

Here you go :smile: http://www.filofax.co.uk/size-guide

Thank you!

Original post by Joannywhite
Mine is the personal Saffiano. Someone posted a link to it above. I got it from eBay but it was £19.99 then haha.

There's a slim as well which is a little narrower than the personal :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm set on the personal size as a starter - £18 is a pretty decent price :smile:
Original post by Naami

Went into paperchase and WHSmith today...couldn't find any in WHSmiths oddly but paperchase did have a nice selection. The pocket sized ones are way too small so I think I'll go with the A5 (that seems to be the norm). I might just go with a standard looking filofax since they will be more timeless. I'm still shocked at the prices though! They're about £30!

How does everyone decorate their filofax?

I think personal is more of the norm :3 A5 can get quite heavy for carrying around everywhere!

And £30 is actually fairly cheap! A lot of the Filofax leather ones are nearer to the £100 mark :wink: It's definitely worth looking on ebay - I got a personal Finsbury for around £18 and they retail at around £55.
Original post by katehlouise
I think personal is more of the norm :3 A5 can get quite heavy for carrying around everywhere!

And £30 is actually fairly cheap! A lot of the Filofax leather ones are nearer to the £100 mark :wink: It's definitely worth looking on ebay - I got a personal Finsbury for around £18 and they retail at around £55.

Aha it's just that I'm such a cheapskate :') Well done on getting the Finsbury at that price! :redface:

Someone linked me a Saffiano personal organiser on eBay for £18 which is what I'm getting :smile: A personal size does seem the most practical atm
Original post by Naami
Aha it's just that I'm such a cheapskate :') Well done on getting the Finsbury at that price! :redface:

Someone linked me a Saffiano personal organiser on eBay for £18 which is what I'm getting :smile: A personal size does seem the most practical atm

Oh no, I'm with you there! I cringe at the thought of spending so much. I bought my Holborn for around £40 and that's only because I treated myself at Christmas because I'd done so much overtime xD

The Saffiano is fairly popular!
Original post by Naami

Twas I! I'm glad I helped, it's very nice! I was tempted to get the blue one myself but there's nothing wrong with my current planner. Also, considering how much I stuff into it, I think I'd rather put my current one at risk, which I bought from ebay for around £6, than the lovely looking Saffiano
RE prices - had an email in the week offering me £300 for mine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninegrandstudent

Posted from TSR Mobile

For that price, I'd happily sell and just buy the same one, or one I'd had my eye on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! I've seen people spending huge amounts on planners, but I just couldn't do it xD (Unless of course I was like a millionaire or something...)
Which one is it?

Original post by sliceofcake
For that price, I'd happily sell and just buy the same one, or one I'd had my eye on.

I imagine it is a discontinued or a very rare one!
Wow! I've seen people spending huge amounts on planners, but I just couldn't do it xD (Unless of course I was like a millionaire or something...)
Which one is it?

I imagine it is a discontinued or a very rare one!

Yep, personal pink Malden...I have a look on eBay occasionally but they rarely come up. I have had other offers too, but that's the highest. And nope - not selling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, personal pink Malden...I have a look on eBay occasionally but they rarely come up. I have had other offers too, but that's the highest. And nope - not selling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah, those ones are pertty rare. I haven't seen many people actually owning one! I wouldn't be able to sell it just knowing how much it's worth. Like, what if you regret selling? There's no going back!
Twas I! I'm glad I helped, it's very nice! I was tempted to get the blue one myself but there's nothing wrong with my current planner. Also, considering how much I stuff into it, I think I'd rather put my current one at risk, which I bought from ebay for around £6, than the lovely looking Saffiano

Cheers! I got the blue one - I am weirdly excited for it too arrive. I've been looking at washi tape, stickers & post it notes to decorate it with as well :love:

You have the Clipbook right? I was wondering - do you have to especially but the paper from Filofax for it? It's just regular lined paper in some sections so it seemed like you can put any old paper in
Ah yeah, those ones are pertty rare. I haven't seen many people actually owning one! I wouldn't be able to sell it just knowing how much it's worth. Like, what if you regret selling? There's no going back!

I just can't see myself using another one either - I use it daily, carry it everywhere, makes me wonder what would happen if I lost it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't own a Filofax (yet) but I love watching setups and decoration videos on Youtube? I'm in love with the Kikki K planner so I have to say, this is my favourite set up video. :smile: [video="youtube;RHnvqejIv28"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHnvqejIv28[/video]
I have a personal swift and I just love it :biggrin: I bought some dividers, note paper and stuff and print my own finance and to do pages :smile: Its not as pretty inside as most of these as I just don't have the time but its so functional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naami
Cheers! I got the blue one - I am weirdly excited for it too arrive. I've been looking at washi tape, stickers & post it notes to decorate it with as well :love:

You have the Clipbook right? I was wondering - do you have to especially but the paper from Filofax for it? It's just regular lined paper in some sections so it seemed like you can put any old paper in

You might be mistaking me for snowyowl :smile: but if you have the hole punch for the clipbook (or just carefully use a single hole punch) I'm sure you could throw in your own paper.
Original post by Naami

You might be mistaking me for snowyowl :smile: but if you have the hole punch for the clipbook (or just carefully use a single hole punch) I'm sure you could throw in your own paper.

That was me with the Clipbook :smile:

Nah as long as you punch the right holes, you could put any paper in. I tend to buy cheap pads of A5 narrow-ruled paper (got to be narrow!) rather than Filofax paper.

I have a Filofax diary insert though, purely because I can't be bothered to work out how to print it and the Filofax one does the job nicely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending