The Student Room Group

Maths 2013

So i want to study maths (in academic year 2013) and wondering the best places to apply to with these AS level grades:

Maths/further maths:

C1 - 98/100
C2 - 100/100
C3 - 94/100
FP1 - 94/100
M1 - 100/100
M2 - 76/100

Chemistry - A
German - B
Should be good enough to apply anywhere really.
Reply 2
But my M2 grade was bad (going to redo) and I'm not sure about oxbridge? because of my B :/

also is it worth keeping on german if i want to study maths? or better to focus on maths and chemistry and drop it ?
Reply 3
Original post by meeeiiii
But my M2 grade was bad (going to redo) and I'm not sure about oxbridge? because of my B :/

You'll be fine, see the post I made here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=39054999
Reply 4

also is it worth keeping on german if i want to study maths? or better to focus on maths and chemistry and drop it ?

Oxford wont even see your B :smile:
Reply 5
they'll see my B in AS german if i drop it though won't they?
they'll see my B in AS german if i drop it though won't they?

It's likely that they won't care regardless; a B in an unrelated subject like German (which is still a decent grade) won't have an impact on your application for maths.
Reply 7
Is there any good uni courses you can do if u have an a level in further Maths and get a grade A and an a level in business studies or economics at a grade B?
No other a levels apart from them two

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest