The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Uni of Leicester GMS Clivedon House

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nedlala
I'm really confused. Is upstairs a flat separate from the ground floor and it used to be all self-catered? Or is there another part outside the main house that's a separate flat? Or did you mean on the ground floor there are 8 catered rooms and then also a self-contained flat on the ground floor? I don't know, my accommodation offer for floor 1 didn't say flat and I didn't apply for one, so confused

There is a separate flat downstairs, along with the 8 rooms.

Last year everyone was catered and only the flat was self-catered but I don't know about this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Kirimin
There is a separate flat downstairs, along with the 8 rooms.

Last year everyone was catered and only the flat was self-catered but I don't know about this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right haha yeah that makes perfect sense now, thanks :smile:
I'm on the first floor in Room 11 studying English and History :biggrin:
Original post by katiet1396
Hey, I am staying in Clivedon House this year too- First Floor, Room 18! :smile:

oh cool, i'm in 19 so i guess we're neighbours then! :smile:
Original post by nedlala
Oh no way! That's brilliant! I was actually kind of worried :tongue:

same it might have been a bit much if it was just a house full of girls!
Original post by mapofmymuse
oh cool, i'm in 19 so i guess we're neighbours then! :smile:

Hey! That's great, do you have facebook? :smile:
Reply 46
Is there a Facebook page for people staying in Cliveden House this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llanijg
Hahaha, yeah that's a weird way of doing it. It's both I think, Leicester don't offer one or the other. Do you know how many people are in our house? It seems situated in such a good location too, but I'm kind of worried that as it is a house, not a block, it may not be as sociable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing English and History :smile: do you prefer lit or language? I kind of wish they differentiated between the two!
Reply 48
Original post by StillJustJo
I'm doing English and History :smile: do you prefer lit or language? I kind of wish they differentiated between the two!

Hey :smile: I only did Lit for A Level so that's what I'm most comfortable with but I think the Lang stuff may be interesting. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llanijg
Hey :smile: I only did Lit for A Level so that's what I'm most comfortable with but I think the Lang stuff may be interesting. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the exact same really, I can't even remember what Lang is about properly so I'm a little worried about it...Lit was always my stronger half :')
Reply 50
Original post by StillJustJo
I'm the exact same really, I can't even remember what Lang is about properly so I'm a little worried about it...Lit was always my stronger half :')

It seems that Lit is the majority of the course so I wouldn't worry. Have you joined the Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llanijg
It seems that Lit is the majority of the course so I wouldn't worry. Have you joined the Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good,that's a relief :') And the English one, yes :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/clivedenhousefreshers - hey guys! Made a Facebook page as a more organised way to talk to each other and see who we'll be living with,go like it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending