The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Term Dates Help Please!

I've accepted a place to study at Sussex. However, looking at their website, the term dates have caused me some confusion. Apparently the autumn term ends Dec 12 and recommences on January 21st. However there is an 'assessment period' from Jan 8th till Jan 21st which it says you must attend *if required.* Does anyone know if it is compulsory for law undergraduates to attend during this period? Furthermore if this is the case if they make allowances for rescheduling? I have a holiday booked till January 12th and so I'll be unable to attend the first week and the tickets are non-refundable or changeable. Thanks :smile:
Phone the Dept you intend studying with for advice.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I'm sure you'l find out during the Autumn term.
Reply 3
I doubt anyone here would know since it's the first academic year that Sussex has had exams in January. Previous to this year exams were always in December (before Christmas) and then in May/June. You'll have to contact the Law department or wait until your classes start. If there are exams, you will need to go - the only exceptions are for serious reasons i.e. family death, illness etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending