The Student Room Group

Could I go to Oxbridge?

My GCSE's are religiously average and that's due to my careless ethic towards education, but now that I'm older and motivated to being a high achiever - AAAA won't be too difficult (I've already started revising and I haven't started college yet) but do you think Oxbridge will always judge me by GCSE grades none-the-less?
Well, you could visit...

I'm not sure what your GCSEs are but they probably don't rule out an offer if you can get straight As (/ high ums scores for Cambridge) at AS.

You don't need to have started revising yet. Working hard in the year is plenty.

edit: fine, I'll do the anecdote.

We went through similar developments. I didn't concentrate in lessons for my GCSEs, and used my study leave primarily to play xbox. I got A*A*AABBBBC. I continued like this until I decided that I'd actually like to do well around 2 months before my final AS exams (after getting ABC in the jan exams), hit the material fairly hard, and averaged 92% ums over my four AS levels (not including general studies). I got into Cambridge for law, into my first choice college.

just to show (a) that GCSEs aren't everything, and (b) that it's rarely too late to sort things out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Well, you could visit...

I'm not sure what your GCSEs are but they probably don't rule out an offer if you can get straight As (/ high ums scores for Cambridge) at AS.

You don't need to have started revising yet. Working hard in the year is plenty.

edit: fine, I'll do the anecdote.

We went through similar developments. I didn't concentrate in lessons for my GCSEs, and used my study leave primarily to play xbox. I got A*A*AABBBBC. I continued like this until I decided that I'd actually like to do well around 2 months before my final AS exams (after getting ABC in the jan exams), hit the material fairly hard, and averaged 92% ums over my four AS levels (not including general studies). I got into Cambridge for law, into my first choice college.

just to show (a) that GCSEs aren't everything, and (b) that it's rarely too late to sort things out.

Thanks, I see where we are similar!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending