The Student Room Group

"How can a university have no vowels?" or, madders94 goes to Glyndwr!

Scroll to see replies

I thought Judge Jules was not Djing any more?
Reply 61
Original post by barnetlad
I thought Judge Jules was not Djing any more?

http://www.judgejules.net/gigs
Reply 62
I'm on my way to the cent now to the judge jules event.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 63
Original post by benwilliamsuk
I'm on my way to the cent now to the judge jules event.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I can listen to it so loudly from my bedroom if the window's open so I decided it wasn't worth the £8 just to get slightly closer to it :tongue:
Reply 64
Nothing to do today really so I'm going to tidy up my room because my parents are making a flying visit tomorrow, and then try and do a couple of hours of swimming. Thinking of attempting to make either jacket potato and bolognese or pasta bolognese tonight, but I'll probably end up just making another noodles in a mug concoction knowing me :tongue:

Lectures start on Monday and I'm really excited! My course sounds fantastic, I'm going to do a longer blog post about it on www.madderlarr94.wordpress.com if anyone's interested - it's about Mickey Mouse degrees :wink:
Reply 65
Original post by madders94
I can listen to it so loudly from my bedroom if the window's open so I decided it wasn't worth the £8 just to get slightly closer to it :tongue:

LOL :P. It was a pretty good night actually, busy though... :biggrin:.
Reply 66
Original post by benwilliamsuk
LOL :P. It was a pretty good night actually, busy though... :biggrin:.

It's not my style of music really but it sounded alright from what I could hear; people have been complaining on the Facebook page about how few people were there but at the end of the day not everyone has the same tastes (plus a lot of us have no money :emo: ) :tongue: glad you enjoyed!
Reply 67
It's not my style of music really but it sounded alright from what I could hear; people have been complaining on the Facebook page about how few people were there but at the end of the day not everyone has the same tastes (plus a lot of us have no money :emo: ) :tongue: glad you enjoyed!

Yeah, we didn't turn up until about 11.30 in the end, went to the pub first - apparently it was pretty much dead until about 11pm. To be honest though, I don't think it was advertised very well - I only heard about it through a friend who noticed it on Facebook by coincidence...
Reply 68
Time for an update; three months have passed since I started at Glyndwr and I'm going back today after the Christmas holidays. I've had a fantastic term; I love the uni, my flatmates are great and my confidence has gotten so much bigger since I started here! I love it and can't recommend it more really, if you're thinking of going to Glyndwr then definitely apply and come and check it out!

I've got a presentation to give and a portfolio due in the next few weeks so lots of hard work to be doing :h:
Reply 69
Time for an update; three months have passed since I started at Glyndwr and I'm going back today after the Christmas holidays. I've had a fantastic term; I love the uni, my flatmates are great and my confidence has gotten so much bigger since I started here! I love it and can't recommend it more really, if you're thinking of going to Glyndwr then definitely apply and come and check it out!

I've got a presentation to give and a portfolio due in the next few weeks so lots of hard work to be doing :h:

Hey!

I applied for the undergraduate Psychology degree at Glyndwr and got an unconditional offer. As I'm from abroad I'm a bit worried about the fact, that it is a young uni with barely existing reputation (in Germany uni reputations don't matter at all, but apparently in the UK they do, which freaks me out a lot), but I was there at the Open Day and absolutely loved the course structure! And in your blogs it sounds like you have a great time.

Do you like your course (I know you're not doing psychology, but still :wink: )? Are the teachers supportive?
It would be great if you maybe can tell a bit more, it would make my decision a lot easier on a personal level and there probably are other people who would like to hear about it, as well, especially because I couldn't find anyone else who applied to that uni so far. :frown:

Lots of love,
Coja :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Coja
Hey!

I applied for the undergraduate Psychology degree at Glyndwr and got an unconditional offer. As I'm from abroad I'm a bit worried about the fact, that it is a young uni with barely existing reputation (in Germany uni reputations don't matter at all, but apparently in the UK they do, which freaks me out a lot), but I was there at the Open Day and absolutely loved the course structure! And in your blogs it sounds like you have a great time.

Do you like your course (I know you're not doing psychology, but still :wink: )? Are the teachers supportive?
It would be great if you maybe can tell a bit more, it would make my decision a lot easier on a personal level and there probably are other people who would like to hear about it, as well, especially because I couldn't find anyone else who applied to that uni so far. :frown:

Lots of love,
Coja :smile:

Hi!
Well done on getting your unconditional, that's great! One of my flatmates is studying Psychology and she seems to really enjoy the course from what I've seen. With regards to my course, I absolutely love it and the teachers - and the whole uni in general - is so supportive and fantastic with everything.
It really is an incredible university; big enough for a great social life but small enough to know loads of people and see them regularly, and that the teachers know you and remember you and everyone seems to get on really well, I've never been happier - I really am so happy here and I'd recommend it to everyone.
I'm assuming you've applied as an international student; if so you'll be in great company - there's a large number of international students and from those I've met and spoken to, they're all lovely - everyone is lovely here, so it's brilliant.
If there's anything else I can tell you about the uni or any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Reply 71
Hi!
Well done on getting your unconditional, that's great! One of my flatmates is studying Psychology and she seems to really enjoy the course from what I've seen. With regards to my course, I absolutely love it and the teachers - and the whole uni in general - is so supportive and fantastic with everything.
It really is an incredible university; big enough for a great social life but small enough to know loads of people and see them regularly, and that the teachers know you and remember you and everyone seems to get on really well, I've never been happier - I really am so happy here and I'd recommend it to everyone.
I'm assuming you've applied as an international student; if so you'll be in great company - there's a large number of international students and from those I've met and spoken to, they're all lovely - everyone is lovely here, so it's brilliant.
If there's anything else I can tell you about the uni or any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Thank you very much for your answer! From my Open Day I, too, had the feeling that the uni has a great atmosphere and the psychology department is small, so you probably would know you teachers and the other students, something, that is very appealing to me.

Do you live in uni accommodations or do you live in a self-organised flatshare? Is it easy to find a flatshare and a job or is it very competitive?

My main doubt about the university is, that it is so young and doesn't have a real reputation, yet, at least not in psychology. The concept of needing a good reputation at a university is totally foreign to me but, as it is important in the UK, I'm very concerned about picking the "wrong" university and having worse job prospects than other students coming from unis, that already have a good reputation in their area. Do you know how important the uni reputation is in the end?
Reply 72
Original post by Coja
Thank you very much for your answer! From my Open Day I, too, had the feeling that the uni has a great atmosphere and the psychology department is small, so you probably would know you teachers and the other students, something, that is very appealing to me.

Do you live in uni accommodations or do you live in a self-organised flatshare? Is it easy to find a flatshare and a job or is it very competitive?

My main doubt about the university is, that it is so young and doesn't have a real reputation, yet, at least not in psychology. The concept of needing a good reputation at a university is totally foreign to me but, as it is important in the UK, I'm very concerned about picking the "wrong" university and having worse job prospects than other students coming from unis, that already have a good reputation in their area. Do you know how important the uni reputation is in the end?

This year I'm in halls on-campus, they're lovely and I'm really happy here. I've already sorted out my house for next year, I'm sharing with my fiance and some friends from my course. We didn't have too many issues getting our house but it can be very competitive, my advice would be to go into halls for your first year because you make friends so quickly and it's a great experience, and then around Christmas time of your first year, start looking for houses.

Honestly I've never been too fussed with reputation; I'm not sure what the importance of it is in the field of Psychology but in general Glyndwr has incredible employability prospects, 84% go into employment after graduation from looking at http://glyndwr.ac.uk/en/AboutGlyndwrUniversity/WideningParticipation/ :smile:

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 73
I FREAKING LOVE UNI

that is all.

kyrgyztan 2k13 yolo
Reply 74
Apologies for that last post, pretty sure it happened after a night out.

Anyway, I'm coming to the end of my first year at Glyndwr University and in all honesty, I can say that I love it! I can't imagine myself being as happy anywhere else - it's perfect, because I love Wrexham, I'm only two hours away from home if I want to see my family, the uni is incredible, people are so nice, and everything is working out!

The lecturers are so understanding. I'm being tested and treated for suspected gallstones, and they're so understanding and helpful and really making it a lot less stressful for me!

I'm now a Facebook Ambassador for the university, so if you're considering going to Glyndwr - either if you have an offer or want to see what life is like at the uni from the point of view of someone who is a student there, you can follow me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/maddymatthews94
Reply 75
Hi all, yes you can follow Maddie and a few other students from Glyndwr Uni here: http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/AboutGlyndwrUniversity/SocialMedia/FacebookAmbassadors/

They will be able to tell you what life is REALLY like here, from a student perspective.
Reply 76
Seeing as this is a Fresher's blog, this will probably be my last post (okay, don't all cheer and applaud at once).

I finished uni for the summer at the end of May. I can't quite believe I've finished my first year - it's all gone so quickly that I'd like to do it again, were it not for the fact that I want to graduate with my friends! It's been a fantastic year, and next year I'm determined to make the most of it - first year seemed to just slip by.

I got my results through at the end of June, I passed first year! A 2:1 in every module except one, where I GOT A FIRST! Yay :h: so I'll be back for second year next year, and it's all really exciting. Already making plans for some of next year's modules, such as directing for theatre and work experience - I know what I'd like to do :h:

The biggest way my first year of university has changed me has been to give me a bit more direction in life. It's helped me to settle down and really think about where my talents and skills lie, and what I want to do with them. It's made me optimistic - rather than being unable to decide what I want to do with my life, I'm going to go with the flow. I'll try teaching for a few years. When I get bored of that, I'll try and join the police, or work in a hospital :smile:

The friends I've made are incredible - not just my best friends, but the wider circle of friends I now have thanks to university. It's a brilliant experience - really life-changing - and I'd recommend university, and Glyndwr university in particular, to anyone who's considering it. It's a smaller community, so you're a name instead of a random security ID number, and you are encouraged to push yourself at every opportunity. It's true that when it comes to university, you get out what you put in, but Glyndwr is fantastic in that it encourages you to push harder to get the results you want and deserve.
Reply 77
I'm going to Glyndwr this September to do a Business Management degree. Can't wait. Hope I can make lots of friends... Ahhhhhh... Can't wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending