The Student Room Group

Is revenge an evil?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Revenge is not necessarily "evil" but it is not desirable. It serves no more purpose than to make you feel better for a short period of time before you realise that the fact that you took revenge makes you just as bad as they were in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Reply 21
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
No I believe revenge is the meting of justice if in proportion to the affliction.

I don't know what I'd do with a cheating partner, I would probably do nothing at all (apart from break up, obviously).

Have you experienced this? If yes, I consider you an extremely tolerant person. If no, I think you'd have to go through it to consider what your actions would be.
I know mine would be deadly.
Original post by Millie228
Have you experienced this? If yes, I consider you an extremely tolerant person. If no, I think you'd have to go through it to consider what your actions would be.
I know mine would be deadly.

Experienced being cheated on? No.

My (expected) reaction is nothing to do with being tolerant, it's just that I wouldn't want to be near the other person, or be involved with them in any way.

But the question is moot, I won't be going through it :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Experienced being cheated on? No.

My (expected) reaction is nothing to do with being tolerant, it's just that I wouldn't want to be near the other person, or be involved with them in any way.

But the question is moot, I won't be going through it :smile:

I have never experienced it either, and I wouldn't want to be near them either. If they are in the same social circle, the only way to completely ignore them, is to place a bullet in their forehead.
I'd love to believe in karma, but I don't. Most people don't get what they deserve. You have to make sure of it. Some people have caused you harm - you either end their lives and their possibilities of doing it again or you don't.
Depends how far you take it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending