The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2013 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by iramchaudhry94
Hey there! Im thinking about applying for it as well, but can you apply if you have a 3 A prediction?! And I was just wondering, as you stats are so good (Alevel wise) why aren't you applying for the standard 5 year courses? Just wondering, as I contemplating applying for this. Thanks

They will offer you aaa or bbb i think depending on your school's average A-level performance

I've applied for 3 direct entry and this foundation course since I really like Kings and my ukcat/gsce's isn't strong enough for the kings 5 year course
Also, my school said i'm eligible to apply here. One person at my school was offered an interview here.
Original post by This Honest
They will offer you aaa or bbb i think depending on your school's average A-level performance

I've applied for 3 direct entry and this foundation course since I really like Kings and my ukcat/gsce's isn't strong enough for the kings 5 year course
Also, my school said i'm eligible to apply here. One person at my school was offered an interview here.

Hahaha okay, I get it! Were in the same boat haha. Im applying for mainly 5 years and this foundation degree. I was just worried that i'd need a lower prediction to apply. And its true for me too, that I LOVE king's but my GCSE's or UKCAT arent't strong enough. If you don't mind me asking, what other universities are you applying for, as I have similar stats. Thank You!
Reply 42
Hahaha okay, I get it! Were in the same boat haha. Im applying for mainly 5 years and this foundation degree. I was just worried that i'd need a lower prediction to apply. And its true for me too, that I LOVE king's but my GCSE's or UKCAT arent't strong enough. If you don't mind me asking, what other universities are you applying for, as I have similar stats. Thank You!

No worries. I called them up and they looked at my school and said I must have at least aaa because my school performs better than average

I'm considering:
kings emdp
cardiff
liverpool
bsms
uea
bristol
keele

Haven't decided on my last two, it's here and liverpool atm

How about you?
Reply 43
Hey there! Im thinking about applying for it as well, but can you apply if you have a 3 A prediction?! And I was just wondering, as you stats are so good (Alevel wise) why aren't you applying for the standard 5 year courses? Just wondering, as I contemplating applying for this. Thanks

IRAMMMMMMM how are u man ??????

wow ..u thinking of applying to 6 yr course ????
Hi guys!
I will also be applying... good luck my (hopefully) future fellow EMDP students. :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Sophocrates
Hi guys!
I will also be applying... good luck my (hopefully) future fellow EMDP students. :biggrin:

Hey :wavey:
How's your application going?
Reply 46
No worries. I called them up and they looked at my school and said I must have at least aaa because my school performs better than average

I'm considering:
kings emdp
cardiff
liverpool
bsms
uea
bristol
keele

Haven't decided on my last two, it's here and liverpool atm

How about you?

What is the actual course called? :beard:
Hey :wavey:
How's your application going?

I think it's going alright... PS is well underway and just generally worried about getting an offer of course! How about yours?
I'm applying to 6 yr courses only but... man King's is my ideal med school. :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by ranbow99
What is the actual course called? :beard:

:rofl: Medicine :smile: but this is an extended version
Reply 49
I think it's going alright... PS is well underway and just generally worried about getting an offer of course! How about yours?
I'm applying to 6 yr courses only but... man King's is my ideal med school. :frown:

I know, it's competitive everywhere :motz:

My application is fine too, silly teacher still hasn't done my reference yet :sigh:
How come you're only applying to 6 year course only?
I know, it's competitive everywhere :motz:

My application is fine too, silly teacher still hasn't done my reference yet :sigh:
How come you're only applying to 6 year course only?

I achieved ABBC at AS level, a C being in chemistry so technically I can't be predicted an A, which is included in the offer for nearly all med schools - though my chem teacher is possibly considering it, without my persuasion! I'm apparently of A grade ability, but I think my exam technique is really poor... :frown:

So... yes! I'll feel more comfortable either applying with my grades in hand after a gap year (as you are!) or applying for 6 yr courses where I'll be in a more comfortable position... :biggrin: I think they'll be more enjoyable too, a more relaxed time frame for the degree.
Reply 51
I achieved ABBC at AS level, a C being in chemistry so technically I can't be predicted an A, which is included in the offer for nearly all med schools - though my chem teacher is possibly considering it, without my persuasion! I'm apparently of A grade ability, but I think my exam technique is really poor... :frown:

So... yes! I'll feel more comfortable either applying with my grades in hand after a gap year (as you are!) or applying for 6 yr courses where I'll be in a more comfortable position... :biggrin: I think they'll be more enjoyable too, a more relaxed time frame for the degree.

Ahhhh unlucky :redface: you're right, exam technique is important in chem
I agree with the bolt bit as well!!
Ahhhh unlucky :redface: you're right, exam technique is important in chem
I agree with the bolt bit as well!!

Honestly, I'm glad this happened. I much prefer these 6 year courses, and I'd have never considered them prior to this.
Reply 53
Honestly, I'm glad this happened. I much prefer these 6 year courses, and I'd have never considered them prior to this.

:yy: :smile:
Hey guys, do you think having a 3 A predictions is advantageous or not, as I think I'll have a AAB prediction.
Reply 55
Hey guys, do you think having a 3 A predictions is advantageous or not, as I think I'll have a AAB prediction.

It depends on your school A-level average. If its higher than the national average, it's paramount that you have to be predicted 3As since that will be the offer.
If its lower than the national average, offer is bbb I think!...which AAB prediction should be fine.

Call them up and tell them your school; they'll tell you what offer you'll receive...if you were to get one

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
I done My GCSE maths early ,privately with a tutoring centre. Would I still be allowed to apply for this course as i really want to go to kings this course shows some light for me to do medicine.
Reply 57
Original post by amulla9
I done My GCSE maths early ,privately with a tutoring centre. Would I still be allowed to apply for this course as i really want to go to kings this course shows some light for me to do medicine.

As long as you attended the school your at from the age of 11, you should be fine I think. Best to call them up :yes:
Reply 58
Thanks, yeah I thnk its best to call them up, by the way have you got any work experience?
Reply 59
Yeah I have work experience. I would imagine most applicants to have some sort of work experience related to care. Pretty important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending