The Student Room Group

Applying to KCL Pharmacy with a Medicine Personal Statement.

Hi,

I’m applying for Medicine this year however I find the KCL Pharmacy course super interesting and might apply to it as a fifth choice. However, I wanted to know if this was a good idea?

I’m about to enter my second gap year, and have spent my time volunteering at a hospital, hospice, working in fast food and as a tutor. I achieved AAA in Bio, Chem and Maths in my first sitting back in 2021, and since then i’ve been taking time out to develop on interpersonal skills. I’ve emailed the admissions team and they’ve said they *would* consider Medicine personal statements, however what is the likelihood of actually receiving an offer?

I look forward to hearing from y’all :smile:

Thanks a ton,
Dan
If you didn't get a medicine offer but got a pharmacy offer, would you actually take up the pharmacy offer instead of gap year and reapply, and accept you were not going to go into medicine and instead go into pharmacy?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
If you didn't get a medicine offer but got a pharmacy offer, would you actually take up the pharmacy offer instead of gap year and reapply, and accept you were not going to go into medicine and instead go into pharmacy?

Yep - which is why i’m questioning whether it would be a good safety net to fall on. That and studying in London (and especially at KCL) would be a dream. Unfortunately I don’t have the A level requirements to apply for Medicine there so y’know :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
anyone :confused:
did you get an offer?
Reply 5
Original post by dxnixl
Hi,

I’m applying for Medicine this year however I find the KCL Pharmacy course super interesting and might apply to it as a fifth choice. However, I wanted to know if this was a good idea?

I’m about to enter my second gap year, and have spent my time volunteering at a hospital, hospice, working in fast food and as a tutor. I achieved AAA in Bio, Chem and Maths in my first sitting back in 2021, and since then i’ve been taking did time out to develop on interpersonal skills. I’ve emailed the admissions team and they’ve said they *would* consider Medicine personal statements, however what is the likelihood of actually receiving an offer?

I look forward to hearing from y’all :smile:

Thanks a ton,
Dan

in the same boat! did you get the offer?
Reply 6
Original post by nimla2
in the same boat! did you get the offer?

They applied and got an offer for Kings EMDP, iirc
Reply 7
Original post by GANFYD
They applied and got an offer for Kings EMDP, iirc

yep, studying med at king’s now and it’s great - didn’t end up applying for pharmacy and stuck to biochem :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by dxnixl
yep, studying med at king’s now and it’s great - didn’t end up applying for pharmacy and stuck to biochem :smile:

Hope you are having the BEST time ❤️
Reply 9
Original post by GANFYD
Hope you are having the BEST time ❤️

☺️❤️❤️❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending