The Student Room Group

Help!!! Course terminated by uni

DEAR ALL,

I am here crying for help!! I have been terminated from my course due to insufficient credit to progress me to 2nd year course.

However, the actual story seems all of a bit of a joke: The module I have failed to pass is a part of a professional development personal e-portfolio, which is weighed 30%. the reason of the failure is not because I did not put in the effort to complete the work, is simply because I was being so stupid that I have handed in my work at the wrong place online... and I have done it twice in both first attempt and in my resit.:frown::frown:

Now although the University said I have a chance to appeal, but I don't seem to fit the three grounds they provided me.

Does anyone know what to do other than appeal to the University? I have already emailed my course leader and explained my situation, but as it's weekend I assume I will not get any replies until Monday.

PLEASE HELP!!
Reply 1
Original post by acaiz
DEAR ALL,

I am here crying for help!! I have been terminated from my course due to insufficient credit to progress me to 2nd year course.

However, the actual story seems all of a bit of a joke: The module I have failed to pass is a part of a professional development personal e-portfolio, which is weighed 30%. the reason of the failure is not because I did not put in the effort to complete the work, is simply because I was being so stupid that I have handed in my work at the wrong place online... and I have done it twice in both first attempt and in my resit.:frown::frown:

Now although the University said I have a chance to appeal, but I don't seem to fit the three grounds they provided me.

Does anyone know what to do other than appeal to the University? I have already emailed my course leader and explained my situation, but as it's weekend I assume I will not get any replies until Monday.

PLEASE HELP!!

You made the same mistake, TWICE?!

Sorry, we can't help you.

Better luck next time.
Reply 2
Original post by acaiz
DEAR ALL,

PLEASE HELP!!

Very unfortunate.
I know it's a horrid situation to be in, but I will be totally honest with you so that you aren't provided with false hope.
Honestly, it depends on the university's conditions. Do you have a copy?
If you can find a loop hole (probably unlikely), you may be able to get out of it.

It seems quite late for them to have done this. When did they inform you? What course are you doing too, and where?
Also, have they completely kicked you off, or have you just been stopped from progressing? These are two different things.

Whilst the first is obviously worse, if it's the second, you may have the option to sit out for a year, and just submit the coursework next year. Alternatively, you could resit the year and try and improve your grades.
If you are unhappy with the university as a whole, you could apply elsewhere too. I'd do it now though, as most places start next week.
Reply 3
Original post by tehforum
You made the same mistake, TWICE?!

Sorry, we can't help you.

Better luck next time.

Thank you for the sarcasm, making one's feeling even worse, then you have done the job.
Reply 4
Original post by acaiz
Thank you for the sarcasm, making one's feeling even worse, then you have done the job.

sorry but your use of the word 'sarcasm' is wrong.

secondly, i can't ameliorate your mistakes and their consequences.
Reply 5
Original post by tehforum
sorry but your use of the word 'sarcasm' is wrong.

secondly, i can't ameliorate your mistakes and their consequences.

The OP did you not ask you to make better his mistakes, he asked to for advice. You could not offer any so instead to give her the impression that there is no solution to her problem.
Reply 6
Hi, your situation sounds familiar.

What uni you are studying at the moment?

So, the e-portfolio is worth 30% of the module and you submitted it in the wrong place, and consequently failed the module?

You should have a student support department who can help guide you through the appeal process and offer advice in your situation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by acaiz

However, the actual story seems all of a bit of a joke ... I was being so stupid that I have handed in my work at the wrong place online... and I have done it twice in both first attempt and in my resit.

I do no think that this is much of an excuse so I can see why you are struggling to find grounds for appeal

Have you spoken to the Student Union ... they may be able to offer some support in putting an appeals case together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending