The Student Room Group

Deloitte Dilemma

So I have Brightstart offer from Deloitte and think I will need to be signing a contract soon. But I also have an offer from Cambridge University but I won't know if get their grades until mid August. I don't know what the hell to do now as I might well not get the grades so don't want to turn Brightstart down yet. My friend reckons I should sign their contract and then I can terminate it if I get my Cambridge offer, but I don't know if that would get me into a heap of trouble. Has anyone had a similar problem with this or other apprenticeship offers?
Reply 1
I had a similar situation with having an offer from Cambridge and an apprenticeship. In the end I turned them both down because neither were what I needed for where I want to go in my career. Read the contract thoroughly ask someone with more experience in employment (like a parent) for help if you can and weigh up your options. I'm not sure what you want to study in Cambridge but it's better for academic research than practical work skills (hence why I turned it down). Also have you already firmed Cambridge and what are your other uni offers? And what industry/subject is it? Some industries need that work experience for you to get your foot in the door and Cambridge iirc only offers that for its engineering students (and I don't think you can get that much but again check your course details thoroughly).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending