Whereabouts do you live?

Scotland, so we're going to go for leeds:smile:
Original post by rebecca_m
Scotland, so we're going to go for leeds:smile:

Wooooo team Leeds
Original post by JLXP
Wooooo team Leeds

Hell yeah :woo::party2:
Really torn between biffy and knife party, biffy are my favourite band and i've seen them twice already. Knife party would be mental however, biggest dilemma. Seems as if they've put too many good bands on the sunday.

I have a feeling there will be a lot more people this year going round in sunglasses and chewing on gum till they're jaws fall off haha
Original post by Andrew Connolly
Really torn between biffy and knife party, biffy are my favourite band and i've seen them twice already. Knife party would be mental however, biggest dilemma. Seems as if they've put too many good bands on the sunday.

I have a feeling there will be a lot more people this year going round in sunglasses and chewing on gum till they're jaws fall off haha

AAHH I was thinking the same thing. Ive never seen Biffy before and think they're a proper festival band, and they're the friday at Leeds so i think it would be better, but my friends want to go to knife party. I cant really go to Biffy on my own, can I?!
Reply 785
Original post by JLXP
AAHH I was thinking the same thing. Ive never seen Biffy before and think they're a proper festival band, and they're the friday at Leeds so i think it would be better, but my friends want to go to knife party. I cant really go to Biffy on my own, can I?!

I probably watched half the bands I saw last year on my own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YMLT
I probably watched half the bands I saw last year on my own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you just meet with randomers whilst you're there?
I always see at least one band on my own each day. You don't have to worry about getting separated and you can actually enjoy the bands you like. And you're more likely to talk to new people who are actually into the bands you like.
Original post by St. Brynjar
I always see at least one band on my own each day. You don't have to worry about getting separated and you can actually enjoy the bands you like. And you're more likely to talk to new people who are actually into the bands you like.

Yeah that's what im looking forward to, i'm going with 2 other guys who have really different music tastes to me. On the saturday, one guy is going to see Skrillex, the other seeing Wiley, and i'm seeing Green day. I think its only going to be the Sunday (eminem) where we will all be together!

Hopefully i'll meet some lovely other people in my intoxicated state, ha.
Original post by JLXP

Will most likely depend on the state we are on the sunday, if i'm absolutely gone from friday and saturday i'll watch biffy, but otherwise it will just have to be knife party, for the special effects just as much as the music, biffy are a really quality band live though, genuinely deserve their reputation and place this year, despite everyone slagging them off.

Suppose it just depends on how your feeling at the time, you'll probably lose your friends during knife party anyway if your anywhere near the middle or front, biffy would be a quality sing along to so going by yourself wouldn't matter!
(edited 10 years ago)
But just imagine if Daft Punk were announced though...
Reply 791
Original post by JLXP
do you just meet with randomers whilst you're there?

Yup, sometimes you get to know them really well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 792
But just imagine if Daft Punk were announced though...

There's no where for them to go...

I very much doubt they'll play Reading & Leeds when they tour again tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YMLT
Yup, sometimes you get to know them really well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's quite promising. As much as i will regret not going to see Knife Party, i just think i'll have a better time chilling out watching Biffy. Also, think how sweaty KP will be on your first day!!
Original post by YMLT
There's no where for them to go...

I very much doubt they'll play Reading & Leeds when they tour again tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'd probably play a European festival such as tomorrowland if they were going to do a festival which they won't
Reply 795
They'd probably play a European festival such as tomorrowland if they were going to do a festival which they won't

I imagine they'll be all over European fests next year. Probably Glasto & TITP for the UK, then an arena tour towards the end of 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JLXP
That's quite promising. As much as i will regret not going to see Knife Party, i just think i'll have a better time chilling out watching Biffy. Also, think how sweaty KP will be on your first day!!

I think that is a very good shout, especially as at reading they finish off the weekend. I don't think i'd have the energy for that, and those that do will probably be dabbling in all sorts of naughty substances. Biffy would be a nice way to end the festival, or kick it off in your case. They've very anthemic live, and you'll go back to your tent with a big grin on your face that night
Original post by YMLT
I imagine they'll be all over European fests next year. Probably Glasto & TITP for the UK, then an arena tour towards the end of 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I imagine tickets will be fairly expensive then
Reply 798
I imagine tickets will be fairly expensive then

Depends where they play. If its somewhere like the O2 I doubt tickets will be much more than £45. Daft Punk clearly aren't in it for the money.
Original post by YMLT
Depends where they play. If its somewhere like the O2 I doubt tickets will be much more than £45. Daft Punk clearly aren't in it for the money.

Good point, well I hope you are right, they seem like get would be quality live

Quick Reply

Latest